Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > 5 IC Black Locos Together

Date: 11/23/20 18:37
5 IC Black Locos Together
Author: BruceStikkers

I was crossing the CN at the south end of Champaign, IL yard around noon today and a northbound freight was crossing Bradley Avenue. I saw one of the black IC units (1029) and decided to catch the unit with my cell phone because I didn't have my camera. As I started to catch the shot I noticed a southbound was waiting with 4 black units--WOW. When the train passed I crossed over and went along the yard to get more photos. The 1021, 1035, 1034 and 1038 were coupled together. Upon closer looking I noticed 1034 and 1038 were DIT with the numberboards removed. I am guessing 1034 and 1038 were probably sold or headed for scrap although they were not renumbered or the original number lined out at this time. Anybody with additional information is welcome to explain what is happening. It seemed like a lucky day to get 5 blacks in one shot.

1. Norhtbound train (local from Effingham??maybe crossing Bradley Avenue heading into the yard.
2. 4 black IC units on the southbound train. It left shortly after the northbound went into the yard.
3. closer look at the numberboards removed.

Bruce Stikkers
St. Joseph, IL

Date: 11/23/20 20:05
Re: 5 IC Black Locos Together
Author: King_Coal

Pretty neat you can still catch solid IC consists this long after the merger. Had this been the BNSF or UP, the patching would break out like a rash.

Date: 11/23/20 20:48
Author: tq-07fan

I've stopped and ate dinner at Bradley Ave on the way back to Ohio several times. Never got to see one black IC unit while there, let alone five. Good job!

Jim

Date: 11/23/20 21:13
Author: EL833

The 1038 and 1034 have been on the B&LE for a couple of years. They were just replaced by more modern DPU capable CN power (SD70M-2's IIRC). No idea why the number boards are missing.

Roger Durfee
Akron, OH

Date: 11/23/20 23:57
Author: dan

Installing LED's ?

Date: 11/24/20 06:24
Author: KV1guy

dan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Installing LED's ?

Looks like they are prob all out of service pending disposition.  Their missing their horns too.

Date: 11/24/20 18:32
Author: tq-07fan

KV1guy Wrote:
> dan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Installing LED's ?
>
>
>
>
> Looks like they are prob all out of service
> pending disposition.  Their missing their horns
> too.

Railfans!?

Jim

Date: 11/27/20 14:54
Author: bodkin6071

I had heard a while back the SD70's would eventually be rebuilt and upgraded. Perhaps these are the first two?

Date: 11/30/20 14:12
Author: MaryMcPherson

BruceStikkers Wrote:
> local from Effingham??maybe

Centralia

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0587 seconds