Home Open Account Help 254 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Three on Thanksgiving

Date: 11/26/20 14:37
Three on Thanksgiving
Author: tuxedorailfan

I normally do very little railfanning on Thanksgiving as most of the time NS and KCS have stuff tied down everywhere, but this year everything was ran business as usual, so I went out and shot what I could. In a two hour time frame, I shot 3 trains with decent leaders on them. Usually the Railfan Leaders behind the green curtain only bless me with DC GEVO's and Dash 9's on NS, but today was a good and quick outing. 

Image one is NS train 131 rolling south out of Meridian, MS on the old NO&NE with the Penn Central unit on the point. 

Image two is 131's counterpart, NS train 130 with the "original" NS heritage unit on the point. This shot was captured at a favorite spot of mine on the NO&NE: Basic Siding. On the north end (shown) the train come up a steep grade and into a sharp curve, so the Hogger's really have the engines digging in. For those curious, Basic is pronounced "Bah-Sic" not "Bay-Sic" like most would think. 

Lastly, Image three shows NS train 345 coming down the mainline into Meridian on the AGS South with a UP SD70ACe-T4 (UP Calls them SD70AH's) in the lead. This is my first time shooting one of UP's versions on the head-end of a train. I'm glad these are starting to be released into service again. It appears the warranty dispute, or whatever UP and Progress Rail had going on is settled. 

Nonetheless, a very colorful day down here in the South. Enjoy!

-Dylan

Date: 11/26/20 20:11
Re: Three on Thanksgiving
Author: P

Very little moving on the Dayton District in Ohio today. What's the official word from NS on operations today?

Posted from Android

Date: 11/27/20 03:03
Author: Vicksburg_Route

Outstanding images, Dylan.  You definitely had an impressive day by any standards.  Three excellent leaders in a short time simply can't be beat.  Basic is one of my favorite locations as well, and I hate to admit that I haven't been there in many years.  

Date: 11/27/20 04:33
Author: tuxedorailfan

P Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very little moving on the Dayton District in Ohio
> today. What's the official word from NS on
> operations today?
>
> Posted from Android

I was told by a few crews and the local yard master that things down here were running like it was a regular day.

Date: 11/27/20 04:52
Author: dschlegel

P Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very little moving on the Dayton District in Ohio
> today. What's the official word from NS on
> operations today?
>
> Posted from Android

Their Instagram page post from yesterday had a caption that basically said “Happy Thanksgiving, most of our people are working today business as usual.”

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/27/20 10:32
Author: bath_wildcat

Up here on the Chicago Line it was business as usual. The usual trains I see through my backyard were all present and accounted for, save a few bulk commodity trains.

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 11/27/20 15:15
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

It was business as usual in Pa as well....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0558 seconds