Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > OH: Fostoria RailPark drone video

Date: 11/26/20 17:12
OH: Fostoria RailPark drone video
Author: Lackawanna484

The U tube served up David Lauback's Railfanning Fostoria's Iron Triangle Railpark, drone video.  It was very interesting as a good explanation of what's going on, on the Virtual Railfan cameras.  Which lines lead where, the old signals, and the current flow of traffic.  When I'm in the U tube, rather than Virtual Railfan's own site, only the static camera of the depot is available.  So, you can hear there's activity, but not know where it's going on the two wye tracks.

He uses the drone extensively, so you can get a very good idea of how the parts of the complex relate to each other.

Looks like a nice town, worth a visit.

Date: 11/26/20 18:12
Re: OH: Fostoria RailPark drone video
Author: howeld

Fostoria is a Railstream camera.

It’s a nice place to visit. I usually park outside the park as not as many signals are visible from inside the park.

Date: 11/26/20 18:22

Or are you talking about Deshler? The you tube video you reference is of Fostoria, Oh.
But the static camera on Virtual railfan that looks at the station with Y tracks out of sight sounds more like Deshler.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/27/20 06:37
Author: dschlegel

I spent a day in the early summer of 2018 visiting Fostoria, Deshler, and the area around there and enjoyed it thoroughly.

There’s a fantastic BBQ restaurant called Fostoria Dell’s just a few blocks to the north and west of the triangle that is worth stopping at for lunch.

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/27/20 08:28

Yes.

The video is entitled Fostoria Iron Triangle, but the first half - 2/3 is entirely Deshler.

Both look like good places to visit.

Posted from Android

Date: 11/27/20 09:48

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes.
>
> The video is entitled Fostoria Iron Triangle, but
> the first half - 2/3 is entirely Deshler.
>
> Both look like good places to visit.
>
> Posted from Android

Thanks to howeld, I went back and checked out what I saw.  I believe I saw the Deshler by drone video first, followed by the Iron Triangle.  I must have confused them into believing they were one video.

Thanks to everyone for their helpful critiques.

Date: 11/27/20 10:07

As information you can get the 360 camera at Deshler on YouTube. The link is in the description of the static camera.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0381 seconds