Home Open Account Help 270 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > East Chicago (IN) Rail Terminal, LLC Starting Up in July 2021

Date: 01/05/21 15:57
East Chicago (IN) Rail Terminal, LLC Starting Up in July 2021
Author: BurtNorton

From their various RFP's: 

East Chicago Rail Terminal, LLC is a privately held company which desires to design, build, and operate a combination railcar storage yard,  transload facility, and industrial switching railroad on industrial zoned property located at 3600 Michigan Avenue,  East Chicago,  IN 46312.   Engelke Consulting is the prime railroad consultant hired by East Chicago Rail Terminal, LLC to aid in meeting their goal of developing, constructing, and operating the East Chicago Rail Terminal, LLC. ECRT’s website is: www.eastchicagorail.com. Locomotives are to be two SW1000/SW1500/MP15 types.

Burt

Date: 01/06/21 11:33
Re: East Chicago (IN) Rail Terminal, LLC Starting Up in July 2021
Author: kevink

Nice to see some investment in this area as the changes in the industrial landscape have not been kind.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/06/21 12:29
Author: colehour

An interesting and rail-intensive area, even if traffic is not what it used to be "back in the day." (As a grad student I worked at Youngston Sheet and Tube in the late '60s.) Just down the street from the proposed terminal is Hoosier Railcar, which, I believe, is on the site of the Jordan Spreader Co at Michigan and Kennedy. Sometimes one could see some interesting rolling stock on the premises, along with a small loco. Precision Locomotive Services is not all that far away, further south on Huish, near Chicago Ave and Kennedy. I generally never saw much on their tracks outside.

I think Union Tank Car still has a facility in EC. GATX closed its plant 20 years ago. Then further south is the IHB yard and roundhouse off Kennedy, which actually may be located in Hammond. 

I always enjoyed driving through "the Harbor" on Dickey Road, Michigan, and then Kennedy, to get to some of the southern suburbs. 

Date: 01/09/21 10:35
Author: MILW

Well their web-sight does not load properly. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0277 seconds