Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > 2020 Hindsight: Foreigners Streaming Across the Border

Date: 01/07/21 10:47
2020 Hindsight: Foreigners Streaming Across the Border
Author: march_hare

Despite the trade wars of the past few years, Canadian traffic down the D&H has help up reasonably well. NS gets one train a day out of Montreal (30T) with both CN And CP interchange traffic. It's normally a morning departure out of Saratoga so it hits Richmondville Hill in either perfect mid day light (winter) or god awful mid day light (summer). 

For a few months this summer, CN power was common on this train.  CN's roster, like most class 1s, has become a lot more uniform (see "boring") as a result of PSR practices, but there's still some variety out there. In particular, I kinda like wide cab SD60s, and they were pretty regular players while this lasted. 

Here in mid-June, we had a matched set of wide cab 60s, not a common lashup on most RRs these days. The train is crawling through the civil war-era S curves above Richmondville, NY. The sound effects are loud and wonderful. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/21 11:29 by march_hare.

Date: 01/07/21 10:53
Re: 2020 Hindsight: Foreigners Streaming Across the Border

Mixed CN/NS power was more common. But you can hide the black things behind bushes. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/21 10:54 by march_hare.

Date: 01/07/21 11:27

I think this is the only lease fleet engine I caught all year, here heading up the 30T through Central Bridge. This has to have been a horrible year for anybody in the locomotive lease business. 

Date: 01/07/21 12:19
Author: SOO6617

Actually your "Wide-cab" SD60s are really SD75Is. CN does have 26 of the lower powered SD70I locomotives too. Numbers 5600 - 5625 are SD70I and those numbered 5626 and up are SD75I. The blue locomotive is a former GE ET44AC demonstrator that has been sold to CN, just not repainted yet.

Date: 01/08/21 17:24

Oops, duhh, I should have caught the SD misidentification. 

Thanks for the ID on the former demonstrator. I hadn't heard that info. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds