Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Crew Change on Horseshoe Curve?

Date: 03/04/21 01:38
NS Crew Change on Horseshoe Curve?
Author: JPB

I rewound the Horseshoe Live cam this morning to about 1608 and witnessed what looked to be a crew being taxied up the hill between tracks 2 and 3 to a stopped manifest on the inside track of the Curve - it might have been a crew change but all I could see was a crew boarding the AC44C6M leader. Crew taxi then had to back down the same way. The eastbound train got under way about an hour later at 1718 shortly after a light power move including PRR 8102 heritage unit passed west. Apparently this mainfest was train 36A (featuring a handful of tractors on flat cars for export?) as Heritageunits.com cited its passage yesterday through Mattawanna PA with the Bar Code Unit as mid-train DPU. The train also a pair of SD70ACu units pushing on the rear.

Seems like an awkward place to have to tie a train down and recrew.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/21 01:56 by JPB.

Date: 03/04/21 06:15
Re: NS Crew Change on Horseshoe Curve?
Author: stevelv

From what was on the HSC railcam chat, where people usually are listening to the radio feed,  they said there was problems with the braking on the DPU which was stopped up around MG.  They also reported that the outbound crew was on duty at Rose yard so yes they might have driven them up to the curve while the DPU issue was being resolved.  It also could have just been the rapid responder guy helping out with the problems.  I didn't catch where the power move with the Pennsy unit was going.

Date: 03/04/21 07:20
Author: rev66vette

Saw the exact same thing occur a few weeks ago on that cam, train with brake problems wuth a crew short on time. 

Date: 03/04/21 07:45
Author: reel_smooth

rev66vette Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Saw the exact same thing occur a few weeks ago on
> that cam, train with brake problems wuth a crew
> short on time. 

Sadly, with the very cold weather of February, trains with brake or other problems on that hill were an all to common occurrence. Hopefully, we’ve seen the last of it for a while.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/05/21 09:12
Author: Appalachianrails

Is that a C40-8W coupled to the nose of the Pennsy heritage unit?

Date: 03/06/21 14:36
Author: ns1000

Appalachianrails Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is that a C40-8W coupled to the nose of the Pennsy
> heritage unit?

Conversion unit I believe....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds