Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Reading and Northern Freight Schedule

Date: 03/05/21 09:15
Reading and Northern Freight Schedule
Author: Conrail99

What time does the Reading and Northern NRFF leave North Reading these days? I'm in the area I wonder if I missed it.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/05/21 09:40
Re: Reading and Northern Freight Schedule
Author: dschlegel

Typically heads north around 2pm, and the last time I fanned the NRRB (roustabout) leaves headed north just before or just after the fast freight.

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/05/21 09:48
Author: tehachapi-dave

NRFF will leave right around 1400.  The YJNR is on duty at I believe 0600 or 0630.  They'll go into Spring Street and pickup the interchange cars for the day from NS.  There are no other regularly scheduled trains out of North Reading anymore, as the NRRB has been switched to West Cressona for it's start location (symbol now WCNR) and has a much later call time, 1830 I believe.  

Tehachapi-TJ Over & Out

Date: 03/05/21 13:08
Author: Conrail99

Thanks so much. We got to Port clinton and some of the employees there told us the NRFF shows up at 2:34 and they had right down to the minute. I actually caught the train in Hamburg at 2:30. Just 2 or 3 miles south of Port clinton. Three Sd's and I'm guessing 40 cars or so.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/05/21 15:24
Author: dschlegel

TJ thanks for the update on the roustabout.

And for the original poster, glad you caught the NRFF! It’s a fun train to see.

Dan

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0289 seconds