Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A little help in IDing this Trenton Ln CSX intermodal's symbol

Date: 03/29/21 10:27
A little help in IDing this Trenton Ln CSX intermodal's symbol
Author: Pattenburg

It was spotted heading west down the Trenton Line around MP 50 at noon time past the Belle Mead station, or what is left of it, CSX 5304 and a trailing unit of CSX ???? This intermodal was a surprise to me since it is normally east bound intermodals that I would see about this time of day. Thanks for any help in IDing this train.

Date: 03/29/21 10:57
Re: A little help in IDing this Trenton Ln CSX intermodal's symbo
Author: Lackawanna484

Can't help with the ID, but that station seems to have taken a turn for the worse in recent years

Date: 03/29/21 11:42
Author: Pattenburg

Every time I go there I can't help but to wonder how much more time the roof has before it caves in? Most of the brick work looks to be fairly solid on the station but the wooden areas have definitely seen better days. Still being that this building will be 102 years old on December 3, 2021 it still looks to be in fairly good shape.

Date: 03/29/21 12:02
Author: pal77

Pattenburg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Every time I go there I can't help but to wonder
> how much more time the roof has before it caves
> in? Most of the brick work looks to be fairly
> solid on the station but the wooden areas have
> definitely seen better days. Still being that this
> building will be 102 years old on December 3, 2021
> it still looks to be in fairly good shape.

Agreed   since its been roughly 40 yrs since a train called there and likely 20 more since any real maintenence was done.  Amazing there still is a roof.  

Date: 03/29/21 13:00
Author: NS4271

That train is Q158.   My friend from NJ saw it at West Trenton.

Date: 03/29/21 13:00
Author: dschlegel

The Topton, PA station was let go by Conrail and up until the railroad sold it off, it was in roughly the same shape. I remember walking in it and having to be careful where I stepped to ensure I didn’t fall into the basement.

With some TLC though, it has been brought back to life and looks better now than it has since probably the early 60’s.

Maybe there’s hope for this one, you can always hope.

Dan

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0338 seconds