Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Problems with HU site

Date: 04/06/21 15:25
Problems with HU site
Author: srman

The past couple of weeks I've been having problems with the Heads Up site with my I-phone. Now I have a 5. I think. Guessing that I've had it for 5-6 years. Maybe its a 4. Anyway it has served me well with no complaints. Now I can go to the site look at the latest locations with no issues. It's the map that I'm having a problem with. When I go to the map it brings up the central part of the country. Using my fingers I can't go left of right. I can zoom into the central part of the country however if I press an arrow I get nothing. Now if I go to a weather site or a site like gas buddy I have no problem. Using my fingers no issues. 
Is this suddenly a phone issue? A couple of years ago I thought I had lost my phone and bought a new one but never used it. I suppose its a newer version. Which one I don't really know. Thanks for any advice.  

Date: 04/06/21 19:01
Re: Problems with HU site
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Hi,
Please use this link to contact us on HU and report the issue you are having.  We will reach out to you about the issue.

https://www.heritageunits.com/main/contact

Jeff
HU Moderator

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/21 19:01 by RailFanAZ.

Date: 04/06/21 19:53
Author: misty1

Well at least they let you on THEY won't let us railfans that are too stupid or handicapped upload from a PC anymore. I no longer have a bookmark for HU.

Ed

Date: 04/07/21 14:05
Author: ALCO630

misty1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well at least they let you on THEY won't let us
> railfans that are too stupid or handicapped upload
> from a PC anymore. I no longer have a bookmark for
> HU.
>
> Ed

When you read the nonsense that people type into the notes section anymore, I don’t blame you.

Posted from iPhone

Doug Wetherhold
Macungie, PA

Date: 04/07/21 14:12
Author: ShortlinesUSA

Wow.  You got a response from a real, live site administrator offering help and this is your response?  Makes me think of a computer illiterate individual who continually posts on Altamont Press how horrible Trainorders administration is...

misty1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well at least they let you on THEY won't let us
> railfans that are too stupid or handicapped upload
> from a PC anymore. I no longer have a bookmark for
> HU.
>
> Ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/21 14:13 by ShortlinesUSA.

Date: 04/07/21 16:08
Author: SouthWestRailCams

The reasons for the switch to Mobile App Reporting:

1) Too many false reports*.  Users reporting they are seeing in-person when in another state. Use of the Mobile App will pull location of the Smart Device (If Allowed).   This will make sure we get good reports.
2) Train Symbols are available on the Apps.
3) New features that will be coming soon to make the Apps better.

You can still upload photos on the website, just reporting as been pulled for the next version of the Mobile Apps.

*There are only 3 moderators and Brian as the Founder/Developer.  The Moderation Team back in the day is gone (for good reason).  We discuss items, ideas and upgrades all the time to make HU better.

Best Regards,
Jeff
HU Moderator

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0423 seconds