Home Open Account Help 164 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > FL BrightLine / FEC construction 5/12

Date: 05/12/21 15:45
FL BrightLine / FEC construction 5/12
Author: Lackawanna484

BrightLine continues to build along the Treasure Coast (Martin and St Lucie counties) and northern Palm Beach County. The practice has been to issue dozens of small contracts, so the work ties together in due time. 

There's a lot of work going on in Martin County,with the new alignment graded and tamped from Cove Road in Port Salerno north for about five miles to just north of Martin Luther King Boulevard in Stuart. Small bridges are being constructed over estuaries and drainage.  It looks like the "new" track will be west of the curent track. That will eliminate the need to rework the access to Triumph Industries and Ferrell Gas, etc. I hadn't expected the double track to go north of Monterey, so this is a surprise.  The bridge will remain one track for now.

Norh of the Stuart Bridge, the new second track is also west of the current track. The grading, tamping, ballast, ties, and rail is in all the way to Alice Street, adjacent to the excellent TideHouse restaurant. North of Alice Street crossing, which is closed for upgrading, the right of way is graded to highway 707. The current RIO siding begins just north of the crossing and has several industrial spurs.

Picture 1: Looking north from the new Roosevelt Bridge. A track device was engaged in lifting the ties and track to shove ballast underneath last week

Picture 2: Looking south from the Fern Street crossing toward the merge of the two tracks and the bridge. The track in the first picture is behind me.

Picture 3: New sign at Fern Street.

Date: 05/12/21 15:50
Re: FL BrightLine / FEC construction 5/12

Picture 4- This is the residential complex adjacent to the tracks.  I'm still standing on the Fern Street crossing,

Picture 5 - Farther up the Roosevelt bridge, many units have the railroad on the "land" side, and the St Lucie River on the "water" side

Date: 05/12/21 19:22
Author: 8notch

Thanks for the update and pictures. It looklike they are really moving along with this project. Keep the updates coming.
Robert in Lagrande Oregon (former FEC employee 1982-1986)

Date: 05/13/21 07:34
Author: flarails882

Did covid claim another victim? The new double track stuart bridge.

Date: 05/13/21 07:58

flarails882 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did covid claim another victim? The new double
> track stuart bridge.

Maybe it is in phase 2?

My GUESS is the same bridge will be there in five years.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds