Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Predawn trains in interesting light at MP 24.5

Date: 06/06/21 09:45
Predawn trains in interesting light at MP 24.5
Author: VFPNSFAN

1. NS 520 brings anthracite coal east to Morrisville after interchanging with the RBMN in Reading.  6/2/21 

2.  NS 26E brings containers east also heading to Morrisville. 6/4/21. 

NS HARRISBURG LINE 
MP 24.5 
PHOENIXVILLE, PA

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/06/21 09:55
Re: Predawn trains in interesting light at MP 24.5
Author: dschlegel

Two great videos Doug! It great to see that much anthracite still moving, and I really like the R&N aluminum hoppers.

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/06/21 10:21
Author: thebluecomet

Excellent videos.  What is the final destination for the anthracite?  I recall there was a plant up in eastern Quebec that received anthracite at one time.  If that is still active, where is the coal dumped for water transit.  I can't think of any place still in use today.

Date: 06/06/21 11:24
Author: Gonut1

The Anthracite does go to Quebec. The cars are unloaded at a Kinder Morgan facility, located in the former U S Steel Fairless Works, for transload to barges, for the Ocean portion of its travels.
R&N helped facilitate the purchase and installation of a portable rapid unloader system several years ago to support these shipments.
Export to other purchasers of Antracite, Russia as an example, bought something like a million tons a couple years ago, is shipped to Baltimore and loaded on ships there.
Powdered, dried, Anthracite is shipped in covered hoppers, in carload lots or multiple car loads to various users throughout the U.S. You can spot these passing various rail webcams on ocassion.
​Gonut

Date: 06/06/21 11:26
Author: King_Coal

The haze adds a little magic to video two. Thanks for sharing. Cool to see those trains sneaking thru the Junction.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.045 seconds