Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Yesterday's Train Today More PSR in D&H Land

Date: 07/17/21 18:09
Yesterday's Train Today More PSR in D&H Land
Author: train1275

Saturday July 17, 2021

A really boggled up day yesterday in D&H Land with most of the trains being very late and in the middle of the night.
22K went north and met yesterday's 11R at Afton, NY about 10 this morning. The 11R crew outlawed there and a dog catch crew took it on into Binghamton.

23K which is usually a morning train at Otego just went south about 8:45 pm. So far no 30T or 16R and we are getting storms. MOW patrol has been out there and a possible washout might be at MP 593 down Harpursville way towards Binghamton. It will likely be a long night for MOW patrol and probably signal department as well as crews who seem to keep turning and burning. *Update - 16R up at 10:30 pm, about 5 hours late. Must not have been much of a washout. **

Only shots today were of yesterday's 11R at the Belden Hill Tunnel with NS 6942, 9433 and MEC 3402.
Just before the train arrived we had a heck of a heavy rain storm and the mist started rolling out of the tunnel bore. It let up some and then as the train entered the tunnel the mist really poured out !

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/21 19:30 by train1275.

Date: 07/17/21 18:15
Re: Yesterday's Train Today More PSR in D&H Land
Author: train1275

Out comes the mighty 23K into the sunlight with Richard Stabell about to guide it down the hill.

Third unit is a Pan Am - MEC 3402 a common visitor down these parts.

First car out is a dimension car, likely from GE Schenectady.

The light was changing so fast and was varing up and down four stops  very quickly that I just put the camera on automatic and shot. It was the first time I ever shot automatic and I probably won't do that again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/21 18:19 by train1275.

Date: 07/17/21 18:59
Author: perklocal

Beautiful, just like a piston through a cylinder !

Date: 07/18/21 04:33
Author: dschlegel

This set of photos is probably my favorite that you’ve posted in a while!

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/18/21 13:29
Author: PasadenaSub

Really dramatic group of photos at the tunnel!

Rich

Date: 07/18/21 16:04
Author: Gonut1

Very interesting!
Go

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0566 seconds