Home Open Account Help 264 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Parkersburg, WV street running?

Date: 07/31/21 13:29
Parkersburg, WV street running?
Author: P

What are the odds of catching any street running in Parkersburg tonight or tomorrow?

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/21 06:41 by P.

Date: 08/01/21 10:47
Re: Parkersburg, WV street running?
Author: Skuat

There’s no street running in Parkersburg. If you are looking for Marietta, OH on the BIP, I’d say you would have a shot at it on Monday if they run to Relief. That should be in the morning if they go. There’s also the street running on CSX at St. Mary’s, WV north of Parkersburg, you would be able to get Q316 and Q317 there daily. For a while both trains were meeting at Bens Run north of St. Mary’s so it was possible to get both in the street within about an hour of each other around mid day.

Scooter

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/01/21 14:28
Re: Parkersburg, WV street running?
Author: P

Thanks for the response. It was probably St Mary's I was thinking about. I wasn't able to do a lot of research prior to my travels.
It turns out, we did end up in Marrietta for unexpected reasons and I made an effort to see the cabooses and other rail equipment on display. The were having a festival at the west end of the bridge in town, so we hung out a little longer. I heard a close horn and
Thought BPI was coming and I ran up the block to the street running. No dice. It must have been a train across the Ohio River.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0219 seconds