Home Open Account Help 142 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Scoobydoobydoo Fans or Not

Date: 09/10/21 08:20
Scoobydoobydoo Fans or Not
Author: scoobydoobydoo

Might be my last post on trainorders,With the new changes to there system my PC may not work,ive done updates but it still 20 years old,Ive been on  here since the start but i cant justify $800 right now to stay on this website,So come october we will see,Scoobydoobydoo,BTW this pic is on NS main near Miller City,Ohio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/21 15:53 by scoobydoobydoo.

Date: 09/10/21 08:33
Re: Scoobydoobydoo Fans or Not
Author: holiwood

We wpuld miss ScoobyDoo if he left

Date: 09/10/21 09:08
Author: refarkas

Have you thought of going to Best Buy? They have computers/computers plus monitors for way less than that. 
Bob

Date: 09/10/21 09:29
Author: dschlegel

Don’t go! Pick up a simple laptop or even use a smart phone, just don’t go!

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/10/21 10:27
Author: Darthsimpletext

Who could compensate who with Scooby snacks?

Would you remain on train orders and get a new computer for a scooby snack?

Date: 09/10/21 12:02
Author: DevalDragon

I have a free computer I can just give you...

Date: 09/10/21 13:50
Author: ShortlinesUSA

You should be worried much more about getting anywhere near the internet with equipment that outdated than whether or not Trainorders is worth the outlay...

Posted from Android

Date: 09/10/21 16:57
Author: ironmtn

Agree with Shortlines USA. Others on this site will disagree, and have recently posted about how they've made old equipment continue to work okay. Their choice. I disagree, and we'll have to agree to disagree.

Suggestion: Find a good computer store that resells tested, refurbished used equipment. You can get a machine, well equipped, with current Windows 10 (or a Mac if you prefer) and a fairly recent generation of processor for half or less of a new machine. I recently bought a replacement Windows 10 laptop for about 1/3 of its as-new cost. It's a second machine for me to my desktop PC which I bought new.  The new laptop works perfectly, is a pleasure to use, is only very slightly behind the latest on the technology, and will be good for years to come. An absolute bargain as far as I was concerned.

The are plenty of such resellers online and on Amazon. But I shy away from them because there's really no way to know much about some of them (on Amazon particularly), and you may have limited recourse if things don't work right. I'm old fashioned on stuff like this, and want to deal with someone whom I can talk to in person over a sales counter, and actually see and test the goods. My dealer was Comprenew in Grand Rapids, Michigan. https://comprenew.org/shop-refurbished-electronics/
They were a pleasure to do business with.

I've bought three devices from them at fractions of the cost of new. Each device has worked flawlessly and been in excellent physical condition too. Such renewal / refurbisher / recycler shops are proliferating around the country to deal with the sheer glut of reusable equipment. I'd make a bet that there may be one in your area or not terribly far away. Try to find one. It's worth it. Good luck. Would hate to lose you, Scoob.

MC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/21 16:59 by ironmtn.

Date: 09/10/21 18:37
Author: Lackawanna484

Scoob, doing any banking or investment transactions on a computer that's 20 years old is just asking for trouble.  I'd be surprised if the bank even allowed access.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds