Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Railfan Spotting.....With A Couple of Trains Thrown In.

Date: 10/18/21 09:52
Railfan Spotting.....With A Couple of Trains Thrown In.
Author: jbohdan2

Yesterday afternoon provided ample sun with a few clouds for backdrop here in northeast Indiana, so I hit a couple of the standard haunts in my area.  Once in a while I encounter other fans out documenting rail activity, but usually the forays are solitary activity.  As I framed a couple shots of westbound moves through Kendallville, Indiana on Norfolk Southern's ex-Water Level Route, I noticed another compatriot catching part of the parade.  First up was CP 241, one of the northern neighbor's trackage rights trains that uses the Butler Connection not far to the east to access this line after coming down from Detroit on the former Wabash.  Not long after, my fellow shooter was still in place to catch a westbound empty coal train heading west for reloading.  Hopefully he caught some good video.

Date: 10/18/21 17:51
Re: Railfan Spotting.....With A Couple of Trains Thrown In.
Author: cozephyr

Glad you caught some action at Kendallville, Indiana.  Your railfan brethen appears to like the 'dark side'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/21 17:52 by cozephyr.

Date: 10/19/21 11:23
Re: Railfan Spotting.....With A Couple of Trains Thrown In.
Author: aehouse

My late father was always more interested in the antics of railfans than actually watching the trains. (​He called himself a "railfan fan.")

Art House

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.027 seconds