Home Open Account Help 274 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CVSR to Begin 2022 Season

Date: 01/08/22 20:50
CVSR to Begin 2022 Season
Author: pt199

http://0.gravatar.com/avatar/3e5706924b99c2e99ef1f023069802e9?s=50&d=identicon&r=GCVSR to Begin 2022 Season on Jan. 22by csanders429

The Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad will resume operations on Jan. 22, operating its National Park Scenic twice a day on Saturdays and Sundays between Independence (Rockside Road) and Akron with an intermediate stop in Peninsula.
Trains will depart Rockside Road at 9 a.m. and noon, and will depart Akron at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.

This schedule will remain in place through April. In May trains will operate on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays although the Scenic will not operate May 13-15 or May 20-22 due to the steam in the valley excursions being pulled by Nickel Plate Road 2-8-4 No. 765.
Seating options include coach, tabletop and first class with fares ranging from $11 to $36 per person.

Also available is dome section seating in the Silver Lariat or Silver Bronco dome cars. Dome section tickets cost $29 for an adult and $24 for a child.
Executive class seating in the Saint Lucie Sound is available for $36 for an adult and $31 for a child. Seating is assigned in executive class.
No outside food or beverages are allowed aboard trains. A concession car will have snacks and drinks for sale.

Date: 01/08/22 21:12
Re: CVSR to Begin 2022 Season
Author: EL833

We will actually begin operations on the 21st with a Friday night event train, then the two Rockside-Akron turns the 22nd and 23rd. I'll be working the 22nd.

Roger Durfee
Akron, OH

Date: 01/09/22 05:01
Author: co614

I must submit a lot of disappointment with this organization. I was a part of a group of 35 friends of the late Bill Benson of Akron Ohio who gathered together last Sep't. to memorialize Bill's lifelong passion for steam by riding a 765 powered excursion. 

Long story short, the " premium" car we were assigned was over the top hot with the A/C completely useless. We tried to get moved to another car and were told that's not possible as the entire train is sold out. We all suffered through several hours of misery. Our car attendant said" this car never works right, it's always hot like this". 

I submitted a request for a refund to Bill's widow who had paid for all the 35 tickets and never got a response. I re-submitted the request with the same result. 

All I can tell you is be aware that the equipment used in this operation is substandard and I for one would avoid it at all cost.

Ross Rowland 

Date: 01/09/22 07:20
Author: SCAX3401

co614 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>    I submitted a request for a refund to Bill's
> widow who had paid for all the 35 tickets and
> never got a response. I re-submitted the request
> with the same result. 

I hope you meant to say "I submitted a request for a refund FOR Bill's widow".

Date: 01/19/22 10:03
Author: Max614fan

I'm sure thats what he meant to say.

Maxwell DiNovo
Manhattan, IL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.072 seconds