Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > First railroad subject for the year

Date: 01/10/22 09:47
First railroad subject for the year
Author: srman

While visiting family over the holidays in central Florida I went out on New Years Day to see what I could catch. The nearest railroad was CSX at Wildwood however this caught my eye before anything else showed up. I'll take a GP30m any day of the week. However starting  the new year out with this was especially O.K. by me. CYXX 2111 was a former B&O unit.

Date: 01/10/22 11:48
Re: First railroad subject for the year
Author: NiagaraMike

Conrad Yelvington unit. I recall they have on operation near Wildwood. Nice photo!

Date: 01/10/22 11:55
Author: refarkas

Super catch.
Bob

Date: 01/10/22 11:57
Author: cozephyr

Was the GP30M parked near the Wildwood Wye or Hardee's at Wildwood, Florida-?  Can you offer a cross roads-?

Date: 01/10/22 13:20
Author: retcsxcfm

cozephyr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was the GP30M parked near the Wildwood Wye or
> Hardee's at Wildwood, Florida-?  Can you offer a
> cross roads-?

Not at Hardee's.Looks like main line track in forground.

Uncle Joe
Seffner,Fl.

Date: 01/10/22 14:25
Author: swaool

I have that CYXX 2111 as ex-AGR 2180, exx-CSXT 4223, nee-C&O 3029 (28505, 9/63).  It looks to have been repainted since I last saw it in 2018.  Is the Alco S2m Conrad Yelvington once had in Wildwood (seen here in 2016) is now gone?

mike woodruff
spokane wa

Date: 01/10/22 15:06
Author: srman

There was a Carquest Auto Parts store parking lot that I parked in then climbed through the brush behind it to get the shot. And I meant to say C&O not B&O.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.044 seconds