Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Fuel

Date: 05/05/22 13:55
Fuel
Author: Lkirts

Date: 05/05/22 14:36
Re: Fuel
Author: toledopatch

To the extent they can, I believe the major freight railroads still try to avoid fueling locomotives on the East Coast whenever they can do it somewhere else (like Ohio) instead, but there must be fuel racks at major terminals like Selkirk, Enola/Harrisburg, and Oak Island.

Date: 05/05/22 16:17
Author: ns2557

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To the extent they can, I believe the major
> freight railroads still try to avoid fueling
> locomotives on the East Coast whenever they can do
> it somewhere else (like Ohio) instead, but there
> must be fuel racks at major terminals like
> Selkirk, Enola/Harrisburg, and Oak Island.

Harrisburg Pa on the Main Line for NS at minimum. Enola. as far as I recall still has Fuel Racks also. Would bet Conway does too! Ben

Date: 05/05/22 16:53
Author: OHRY

Fuel trucks are a lot more common that fuel pads. Yes Enola and Harrisburg have fuel pads. But we fuel at other points as well.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/06/22 14:48
Author: lapklub

Here in Asheville NC, NS removed the roundhouse and then the fuel racks several years ago.  The yard job and the local that runs to the east and back, get refueled by a truck when needed.
I happened to see them last week when I drove by the Yard.  The 136/135 job that runs between Knoxville and Asheville probably gets refueled in Knoxville at the yard there. 
Mike

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0378 seconds