Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX OCS through Ohio today

Date: 05/11/22 14:40
CSX OCS through Ohio today
Author: EL833

A westbound CSX office car special departed Buffalo, NY early this morning which put it through Ohio late morning. Not the best time of day or year to nab a morning westbound due to nasty backlighting- but an unexpected cloud deck moved through which allowed some cloudy but less harsh light photos. The first one is at Greenwich, Ohio as the train takes the long connection off the former Conrail/Big 4 and onto the former B&O. Photo two is departing Willard after fueling and getting a new crew. Third grab shows a very empty Willard yard, a shadow of the busy place it was only a few years ago.

Roger Durfee
Akron, OH

Date: 05/11/22 15:17
Re: CSX OCS through Ohio today
Author: krm152

Nice catch and photo series.
Thanks for posting.
ALLEN

Date: 05/11/22 16:16
Author: train1275

Nice shots, you were just west of me this morning.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/11/22 16:22
Author: JOHNY5ALIVE

The yard looks empty…. We don’t need it anymore. Let’s rip it up and save on taxes.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/11/22 18:15
Author: MEKoch

They were spending an hour in Willard I was told by employees.

Date: 05/11/22 18:53
Author: EL833

MEKoch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They were spending an hour in Willard I was told by employees.

It was close to that. They dropped off the riders and they ventured deeper into the yard for a while in vehicles. Once the passengers were off the train was backed up a short bit to clear the crossing and the units were fueled and the train got a detailed look over (1000 mile inspection maybe ?).

Roger Durfee
Akron, OH

Date: 05/12/22 13:54
Author: MC6853

The fact that they got off the train tells me a major cut of some kind is about to happen at Willard... Hope I'm very wrong...

Date: 05/12/22 18:15
Author: perklocal

Nice work Roger. Can't believe how empty Willard is !

Date: 05/13/22 09:53
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

Date: 05/14/22 13:22
Author: Steinzeit2

I wonder why CSX finds it necessary to assign three units plus a HEP car to this train ?  As I recall the Central found 6000 hp enough for the Century;  did this train run the B&A ?  Were all three online through Ohio ?  I assumed CSX has a fuel conservation program on, given the number of 1 or 1+1 hit wonders I've seen recently, but perhaps not.  Or is this just another "Don't do as I do, do as I say" example ?

SZ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.04 seconds