Home Open Account Help 215 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Doughnut Run Railfanning on the NS Reading Line


Date: 06/18/22 05:45
Doughnut Run Railfanning on the NS Reading Line
Author: dschlegel

On the weekends I like to hit Radcliffe's Great Value in Mertztown, PA for doughnuts. If you're not there by 9am on a Saturday you're out of luck and miss out on the best doughnuts in the East Penn Valley.

As I was walking to my car after grabbing a half dozen I heard a horn for an eastbound at Topton, PA. I hustled down to the crossing in Mertztown and caught what I believe was 18N.

Enjoy!
Dan

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!




Date: 06/18/22 06:44
Re: Doughnut Run Railfanning on the NS Reading Line
Author: Pattenburg

Thanks for the advice as you might say your words are "food for thought!" By the way when you say "Enjoy" at the end, are you referring to the donuts of railfanning there? :^}



Date: 06/18/22 08:51
Re: Doughnut Run Railfanning on the NS Reading Line
Author: NS4271

Great video and doughnuts too.



Date: 06/18/22 10:20
Re: Doughnut Run Railfanning on the NS Reading Line
Author: Darthsimpletext

if you head to dosie dough, you’ll see 21G and 39G out of reading, they serve great treats and let you watch trains there too.

Both trains out of philadelphia are stopped with some agenda around reading yard

nick

Posted from iPhone



Date: 06/18/22 12:15
Re: Doughnut Run Railfanning on the NS Reading Line
Author: dschlegel

Pattenburg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the advice as you might say your words
> are "food for thought!" By the way when you say
> "Enjoy" at the end, are you referring to the
> donuts of railfanning there? :^}

Outstanding Punmanship Thom!

Dan

Posted from iPhone



Date: 06/18/22 18:57
Re: Doughnut Run Railfanning on the NS Reading Line
Author: OHRY

And no doughnuts were sent to Allentown for what reason......

Posted from Android



Date: 06/19/22 06:26
Re: Doughnut Run Railfanning on the NS Reading Line
Author: dschlegel

OHRY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And no doughnuts were sent to Allentown for what
> reason......
>
> Posted from Android

Sorry Chewie! I didn’t have a way to get them up onto the engine without them getting smashed at that speed.

Posted from iPhone



Date: 06/19/22 07:04
Re: Doughnut Run Railfanning on the NS Reading Line
Author: OHRY

dschlegel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OHRY Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And no doughnuts were sent to Allentown for
> what
> > reason......
> >
> > Posted from Android
>
> Sorry Chewie! I didn’t have a way to get them up
> onto the engine without them getting smashed at
> that speed.
>
> Posted from iPhone

Haha! Fair enough!



Date: 06/19/22 07:40
Re: Doughnut Run Railfanning on the NS Reading Line
Author: dschlegel

OHRY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dschlegel Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > OHRY Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > And no doughnuts were sent to Allentown for
> > what
> > > reason......
> > >
> > > Posted from Android
> >
> > Sorry Chewie! I didn’t have a way to get them
> up
> > onto the engine without them getting smashed at
> > that speed.
> >
> > Posted from iPhone
>
> Haha! Fair enough!

By the way, last evening’s power on H44 sounded fantastic! I was walking one of the Schlegel Beagles when it rolled west so no video or photos. Lucy the beagle appreciated the SD40-2/SD60E/SD40E combo!



Date: 06/19/22 13:34
Re: Doughnut Run Railfanning on the NS Reading Line
Author: OHRY

Needed the 3 for tonnage! The coal off the RBMN adds a bit to it!

Posted from Android



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0461 seconds