Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > PanAm F7 heading out of New England

Date: 06/20/22 17:59
PanAm F7 heading out of New England
Author: md

The 2 Pan Am F7 PAR1 7 PAR2 have just passed the CSX B&A Chester MA. area on there way rumored to Waycross GA.  They can be seen on the virtual railfam Chester cam or chesterrailwaystation.net at 20:04 on a manifest headed west to Selkirk.

what is the expected fate of these 2 units, i cant imagine the scrap heap.

Date: 06/20/22 20:01
Re: PanAm F7 heading out of New England
Author: Gonut1

That's a scary situation. Hopefully it ends well.
Go

Date: 06/20/22 20:42
Author: WP921

I read somewhere recently that Timothy Mellon, previous owner of Guilford Transporation Industries (GTI) and Pan Am Railways (PAR), intended to keep both of the Executive GMD FP9's and the four passenger cars, essentially the entire Office Car Special.  There was a rumor he intended to have this equipment relocated to an area near his home in Wyoming.

Date: 06/20/22 21:23
Author: CPR_4000

Saw some pix of this move on FB. The F's were behind the power on a road freight and several passenger cars were on the hind end, including a dome Blue Bird (?) and an open platform obs.

Date: 06/20/22 22:24
Author: pennsy3750

WP921 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read somewhere recently that Timothy Mellon,
> intended to keep both of the Executive GMD FP9's
> and the four passenger cars, essentially the
> entire Office Car Special.  There was a rumor he
> intended to have this equipment relocated to an
> area near his home in Wyoming.

That was the initial scuttlebutt.  More recent rumors have both the FP9s and the cars all going to CSX.

Date: 06/20/22 22:32
Author: WP921

Just watched the video on the Chester Station (MA) railcam reference by the original poster.  Thanks for the intel md.  Saw PAR 1 and PAR 2 tucked in behind the road power as mentioned.  Great rumor pennsy3750 that CSX is retaining these units - I hope it's true.  Since Waycross, Georgia has a CSX Locomotive Shop, I wonder if the FP9's will be repainted there?  I realize CSX has several F40PH units in a B&O inspired livery for their executive train but it would be nice if they painted these in a tribute scheme to honor one of the predecessor roads of Seaboard System (since B&O came from the Chessie System side of the house).

I can imagine these FP9's looking real sharp in ACL inspired Purple and Silver with four matching cars.

Date: 06/21/22 01:38
Author: dan

Since they have gone B&O I think they will be that

Date: 06/21/22 09:04
Author: engineerinvirginia

dan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since they have gone B&O I think they will be that

The yellow orange vermillion chessie scheme would be killer!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0461 seconds