Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Train 65K route question

Date: 06/23/22 18:39
Train 65K route question
Author: JasonCNW

Hello, It's my understanding that train 65k is an empty ethanol train on Norfolk Southern running between the east coast to Chicago to interchange with UP. My question is what is the exact route this train takes in detail? I am not that keen on east coast routes east of Chicago so as much detail would be appreciated.
JC

Posted from Android

Date: 06/24/22 02:22
Re: Train 65K route question
Author: JPB

According to the NS Train Symbols Wiki page, 65K originates at Sewaren NJ which is just north of Perth Amboy on the Arthur Kill. NS essentially uses only one main line route between Chicago and the Port of New York area:
- ex-LV between Port of NY and Allentown/Bethlehem PA
- ex-RDG between Allentown/Bethlehem and Harrisburg PA
- ex-PRR between Harrisburg and Cleveland OH
- ex-NYC between Cleveland and Chicago area.

Date: 06/24/22 05:03
Author: JasonCNW

Thank you,much apprecited.
JC

Posted from Android

Date: 06/24/22 19:03
Author: Lackawanna484

Sewaren NJ is a part of Woodbridge Twp in NJ, located on what was the Jersey Central Chemical Coast branch from Perth Amboy to Elizabethport. The ethanol is bound for the Shell gasoline blending facility which was doubled in size in 2014. It was originally a Motiva facility.

The many unloading tracks require an inbound 100 car train to make 5-6 separate pulls, allowing for extensive photography opportunities, all outside the plant's fence. Power for these trains often lays over under the NJ Turnpike entrance ramp from Industrial Boulevard in Cartaret.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0297 seconds