Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS and CSX reroutes in KY?

Date: 08/01/22 11:37
NS and CSX reroutes in KY?
Author: mully

With all the horrific flooding in KY is NS or CSX detouring any trains?    How did the Rathole do with the flooding.    I wish the best for all the folks affected, thats the main thing

Gary

Date: 08/01/22 12:44
Re: NS and CSX reroutes in KY?
Author: toledopatch

mully Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With all the horrific flooding in KY is NS or CSX
> detouring any trains?    How did the Rathole do
> with the flooding.    I wish the best for all
> the folks affected, thats the main thing
>
The area with the significant flooding is substantially east of the Rathole. It mostly affected coal-mining country in the far eastern part of the state, with Harlan being one of the more recognizable town names. Some of the pictures had a single-track line in them and I presumed that was one of CSX's coal branches in the area.

If any main line was affected, it would have been the NS Pocahontas Division, or possibly the former Clinchfield if that's still a main line. But I haven't heard anything about disruptive impacts on those tracks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/22 07:10 by toledopatch.

Date: 08/01/22 19:29
Author: Baxtersta

As noted, the Rathole is far from the area of flooding. 
The flooding apparently has done damage to former C&O coal branches off the the Big Sandy Sub and former L&N EK and CV subs serving a few still active coal laodouts. It is not clear if any of the Big Sandy line along the that river were affected.  

Date: 08/02/22 04:28
Author: Asheville_G

Big Sandy and the CRR came away unscathed. They did Re-route a few it appears “just in case”

The former L&N lines (EB&V and the Rockhouse sub) were completely flooded in places around Blackey, KY and Hazard. Apparently they ran their first empty train in several days to Typo yesterday evening to load.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.029 seconds