Home Open Account Help 219 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NYS&W Campbell Hall

Date: 09/21/22 11:10
NYS&W Campbell Hall
Author: twropr

Did NYS&W build a  direct connection with NJ Transit at Campbell Hall, NY, of do their trains still make a runaround move at Maybrook?
If yes, about when did the connection go into service?
Thanks
Andy

Date: 09/21/22 11:30
Re: NYS&W Campbell Hall
Author: Lackawanna484

There is a direct connection from the L&HR north to the Metro-North west just east of Campbell Hall station. Prob been there 35 years +/-

Date: 09/21/22 14:10
Author: toledopatch

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is a direct connection from the L&HR north
> to the Metro-North west just east of Campbell Hall
> station. Prob been there 35 years +/-

I think 35 years is a shade high, but not by much. It definitely occurred by the early 1990s, when Conrail still operated the Hudson Secondary. I recall chasing an eastbound NYSW stacker from the Lackawaxen area through Otisville to the Hudson Secondary in September 1991, and it did not go up to Maybrook.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/22 14:13 by toledopatch.

Date: 09/21/22 17:29
Author: train1275

I should know exactly, but can't seem to find it, but it was there in December 1990.

Date: 09/22/22 02:20
Author: pal77

Before Hudson Jct was installed there were several ideas of how to make the interchange more fluid than the reverse/pull by move in Maybrook yard.  One of the more interesting ideas was to head up the Y out of CH and head towards Maybrook then swing on to the old O&W row and then to the LHR at place called Burnside.  

Date: 09/22/22 12:38
Author: cjvrr

Should also note the L&HR between East Hall (the connection) and Maybrook was removed a few months after the connection was opened.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds