Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Falls Road info Request

Date: 10/04/22 18:37
Falls Road info Request
Author: NiagaraMike

Am curious if Falls Road from Lockport NY to Brockway still runs Tuesday & Friday

Thanks to anyone with info !

Date: 10/05/22 14:45
Re: Falls Road info Request
Author: ironmtn

On my way home from there now. Did not run last Friday, which I and my friend understood to be typical. Apparently CSX had not made their delivery for Falls Road switching to local customers, for whatever reason.

But they did run today, Wednesday 10/5/22. Genesee Valley 2035 (an ex-NYC RS32) came out of the engine house at Lockport NY about 7:45 AM ET, and did some work around the yard switching and making up their train to go east (as far as Brockport NY today). Wonderful sight and sound (!!!!) show watching them work in the yard, visible from public street crossing at east end of the yard.

Crossed the Erie / State Barge Canal bridge at Lockport NY at 9:00 AM, went through Gasport NY at 9:15, and Middleport NY at 9:30 AM. Not too difficult to follow and jump ahead on parallel state highway, even with a repaving work zone in progress. Had to break off at Middleport NY to head to the Buffalo airport for my flight home.

Our understanding is they usually work Wednesday and Friday these days. Others (especially local fans) feel free to comment. But as with any shortline, that can be subject to traffic and other factors.

The 2035 looked fantastic in bright low-angle morning sunlight in the very classy and very classic grey and white livery of parent Genesee Valley Lines. And the Alco sound show....oh wow! You gotta see it...and hear it!!...for yourself. Great sound show switching the yard in Lockport.

Totally worth a visit.

Images to follow soon after I get home.

MC

Posted from Android

Date: 10/05/22 17:15

That info is just the ticket-Thanks

Date: 10/05/22 17:15

That info is just the ticket-Thanks for your help

Date: 10/05/22 17:17

That info is just the ticket-Thanks for your help
A trip now the Arrive Can app at the border is gone!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds