Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > PRR 8102 in Greenville SC

Date: 10/06/22 18:44
PRR 8102 in Greenville SC
Author: dadonatrain

I just got home from a great railfanning day, for me. Total newbie here, in upstate SC, along the main NS line btwn Atlanta and Charlotte, so it’s all fun but today was special. I went to the Greenville SC Amtrak station by the NS Greenville yard and saw NS 153 come through, led by PRR 8102. I had never seen any Pennsylvania RR engines in service before, so this was a first for me. I got a pic and a short video of it and the two NS ponies along with it as they left the station, but I have not figured out how to post pics or vids, and I have no idea at all, of course if any of you long term rail fans and pros could care less about this anyway! 😆. But I thought it was way cool!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/07/22 18:15
Re: PRR 8102 in Greenville SC
Author: MdRailfan

FWIW you still haven't seen any PRR engines. I am glad you saw the Pennsylvania heritage eng. and you shouldn't put yourself down like that. I'm a railfan, serious in my own mind, and I don't do any pictures or videos nor could I help you with loading them on TO.

Date: 10/07/22 18:53
Author: Lackawanna484

The Pennsylvania Railroad heritage unit is a fine reproduction of the PRR on a modern locomotive.

Glad you had a good day watching trains

Date: 10/08/22 21:02
Author: OHRY

Seeing that you are posting from an iPhone that is where your issue is. Easy fix, when you open TO in your browser just switch it to the desktop version and not the mobile version. Doing that will get you the options to post images and video.

Posted from Android

Date: 10/09/22 08:10
Author: dschlegel

Sounds like a fun day! The Pennsy heritage unit is a good looking locomotive, especially when it’s clean.

As for how to post photos or videos to TO from an iPhone, as OHRY said go to the trainorders home page, navigate to forum options, and change the use mobile template option to no. The layout will look like a desktop layout. When starting a new thread you will be able to attach photos and videos.

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/09/22 08:54
Author: dadonatrain

Thanks all of you for helping me understand, first off, that I was looking at a heritage unit, not the "real thing"!  That explains so much!

And thx too for helping me learn how to attach a pic and a video.  I sorta thought it was cuz I was on an ipad, and now I'm online on the desktop so we'll see how this goes.

Finally, as for how good the PRR heritage unit looks when it's clean, I think that'll have to wait for another trip!  See for yourself!  They even had to duct tape the engine number on the front!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds