Home Open Account Help 214 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > The CP Holiday Train Visits Maine for the First Time

Date: 12/01/22 07:11
The CP Holiday Train Visits Maine for the First Time
Author: cn6218

It's kind of old news at this point, but since no one else seems to have mentioned it or posted pictures, here's a short report on the CP Holiday Train.

With the re-purchase of the Sherbrooke and Moosehead Subs from Central Maine & Quebec almost 3 years ago, Canadian Pacific finally made plans to have one of the two Holiday trains visit Maine and the Eastern Townships (east of Montreal) this year.  After traveling overnight from Montreal, the first performance was scheduled for 10:30 on the morning of November 23rd, and even with a meet between two intermodal trains in Jackman that morning, the show started on time.

The video was shot at Long Pond, a few miles east of Jackman. ME, on its way to the next show in Brownville Jct.

After the third show in Hermon that evening, the train headed back to Canada for shows the next day in Lac Megantic, Sherbrooke and Farnham, QC.

ThisT train returns to the US after a few more shows in Canada, https://www.cpr.ca/en/holiday-train/united-states

GTD

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/01/22 07:17
Re: The CP Holiday Train Visits Maine for the First Time
Author: Tominde

Those are serious flags flying.  Moving right along.   Thanks for sharing.

Date: 12/01/22 10:24
Author: P

Very cool.

Posted from Android

Date: 12/01/22 14:48
Author: Pattenburg

Very nice video and a good location.

Date: 12/02/22 02:33
Author: JPB

This edition of the classy CP Holiday Train passed the Elkhart Live Cam at 0401 Friday 12/2/22 - some fans were out to capture its passage but I was having coffee on my couch...

Next show is Friday evening 12/2/22 at 1845 CST at Bensenville....

Date: 12/02/22 13:54
Author: justalurker66

JPB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This edition of the classy CP Holiday Train passed the Elkhart Live Cam at 0401 Friday 12/2/22 -
> some fans were out to capture its passage but I was having coffee on my couch...

Four years ago I was one of those people ... three years ago I found other locations (one better, one worse). This year I needed the sleep so I could work today.

Unfortunatly there was another train behind the Holiday Train in Elkhart so the other two webcams at the station were blocked. It would have been a nice roll-by.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0458 seconds