Eastern Railroad Discussion > Conway Scenic RR

Date: 12/02/22 12:10
Conway Scenic RR
Author: trackplanner

A few from our recent New England trip.

Date: 12/02/22 12:42
Re: Conway Scenic RR
Author: joemvcnj

Can anyone make it the ancestry of the first coach ? 
I'd assume it is an ex-Montreal CP/AMT commuter car from the 1950's.

Date: 12/02/22 13:38

This is the only other shot I got of it, shooting into the sun. That operation is a real class act. Talked with the owners, a very humble couple. They also bought an old friend I've ridden three times at least, the Silver Splendor. Doubt it ever ran on the RGZ in '77, but that would be another time too if so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/22 13:41 by trackplanner.

Date: 12/02/22 23:43
Author: jimbokat

I rode this car many times when she was with LA RAIL., I have a  picture  of me  in the dome going to Chicago on my brithday.. She is a greatcar and the forer owners  where great to ride with.  My wife and I where very lucky to have riden in her,'

Date: 12/03/22 11:15
Author: jcaestecker

Thanks you guys for the kind words about the former Silver Splendor.  It warms my heart.  Heidi and I miss her and talk about her every day but she's in wonderful hands.  Dave and Rhonda run a class act up there and if you haven't gone to N. Conway to ride, you're missing out.  Southwest flies into nearby Manchester NH and there are hotels to suit every pocketbook.  You won't be disappointed.  

-John

Date: 12/04/22 10:16

We met Dave and Rhonda and they do certainly run a class act, a very nice couple. My only complaint is that I wish they could somehow clean the exterior dome windows as photography was a real challenge up there. I highly recommend visiting this well run operation for an enjoyable trip back in time. Unfortunately, we missed the fall colors by several weeks. 

>Thanks you guys for the kind words about the former Silver Splendor.  It warms my heart.  Heidi and I miss her and talk about her every day but she's in wonderful hands.  Dave and Rhonda run a class act up there and if you haven't gone to N. Conway to ride, you're missing out.  Southwest flies into nearby Manchester NH and there are hotels to suit every pocketbook.  You won't be disappointed.  

Date: 12/04/22 17:44
Author: DavidP

joemvcnj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can anyone make it the ancestry of the first coach
> ? 
> I'd assume it is an ex-Montreal CP/AMT commuter
> car from the 1950's.

They look like de-motored ex-CN EMU cars, with end window where the control cabs were.

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0528 seconds