Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX Derailment, Greenwich, Ohio

Date: 01/23/23 11:31
CSX Derailment, Greenwich, Ohio
Author: Trolleysteve

Info and pictures can be seen at this facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/AshlandCountyPictures/

Date: 01/23/23 11:38
Re: CSX Derailment, Greenwich, Ohio
Author: farmer

I008 going across the diamond.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/23/23 14:17
Author: MEKoch

IF CSX moved the underailed cars from rail crossing, the E-W main tracks (New Castle Sub), traffic could resume there, as well as on the connecting tracks from  Willard to Berea.  

Derailed cars appear to be all empty intermodal flat cars.  No merchandise, tank, box or other cars involved.  So a clean and easy derailment.............

Date: 01/23/23 14:53
Author: train1275

MEKoch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IF CSX moved the underailed cars from rail
> crossing, the E-W main tracks (New Castle Sub),
> traffic could resume there, as well as on the
> connecting tracks from  Willard to Berea.  
>
> Derailed cars appear to be all empty intermodal
> flat cars.  No merchandise, tank, box or other
> cars involved.  So a clean and easy
> derailment.............

In my experience there is no such thing as a clean and easy derailment.  Traffic interruptions and delays and all the associated trickle down, track repairs, contractor re-railing services, in-house rerailing resources that just are not standing around, settlement with the car owners on damages, lawsuits, reports and reporting, budget reconciliation, overtime, signal system damages and repairs, etc. Been there, done that and we don't even have to get into lading damages and settlements, haz-mats, spills, clean ups, remediations, etc. for it to be an ugly situation.  Sometimes it isn't in the clean up itself, but the various lawsuits and settlements that can drag on for years. There are no good derailments, there are no clean and easy derailments.

Date: 01/23/23 16:24
Author: bchristy07

I stuck around for a few hours today. They pushed most of the re-railed cars to the south of the diamond. Light power came up from crestline & I couldn’t quite see if they tied on while I was there. 137 was the first train to cross at walking speed while the diamond was inspected. They were then instructed to proceed at 10mph. This was around 1630.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/24/23 09:32
Author: tomubee

Hate derailments

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0305 seconds