Home Open Account Help 237 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > And Just How Cold Was it????

Date: 01/29/23 16:12
And Just How Cold Was it????
Author: rrartist

Cold enough to freeze my mother loving fingers off that's how cold! Five (5) degrees isn't bad but throw in a gale force wind out of the northwest plus being in the Mississippi River Valley, it was cold plus a little dumping of snow made for an enjoyable morning for photographing the action. BNSF 7554 storms past Onalaska WI with the Z SSECHC and will be changing crews very soon in La Crosse. CP train 2/246 slowly rolls towards La Crosse with the CP 7041 / 5108 leading, the CP La Crosse switch crew would run the train to Bangor WI with the inbound crew getting relieved here in La Crosse.

Date: 01/29/23 16:18
Re: And Just How Cold Was it????
Author: rrartist

Somehow I always end up back in Dakota MN for a train, today it CP 374 and the BNSF 4236, curving into Dakota in wonderful Winter light. A few miles further north in Donehower I came across the CP 8701 and train 2 / 246. It's supposed to colder tonight (-10) and only 4 above tomorrow.....I might stay home and work on another sketch / painting, we'll see.

Date: 01/29/23 17:14
Author: WM_1109

But was it worth it?  I'd say so. [Easy for me to say, sitting here in my nice warm office.]
The CP 374 with BNSF 4236 coming in to Dakota is particularly nice.
/Ted

Date: 01/29/23 20:21
Author: Gonut1

Great photos. I keep hearing Global Warning is preventing such shots. I'm so confused? Is it really warmer there but still cold enough to provide these super winter scenes?
Gonut in the "tropical" Mid-Atlantic, where it is warmer this winter excepting Christmas.
Gonut

Date: 01/30/23 14:51
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0276 seconds