Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Vicksburg/Jackson MS questions

Date: 03/18/23 03:43
Vicksburg/Jackson MS questions
Author: Asheville_G

I’m taking a run to Artesia/West Point to photograph the KCS locals in two weeks.

I’ll be in the area Thursday, Friday, Sat am. While I’m “relatively” close I’d love to photograph an EB (regardless of power) crossing the Mississippi River at Vicksburg. Are there any moves that are somewhat “regular” across the bridge up till around noon (Eastbound).

Any tips on the Golden Triangle, Alabama Southern etc are also welcome. New area for me, so any tips are appreciated.

Grady McKinley
Asheville, NC

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/23 03:44 by Asheville_G.

Date: 03/18/23 04:43
Re: Vicksburg/Jackson MS questions
Author: Vicksburg_Route

Nothing is regularly scheduled through Vicksburg.  MOW Work east of Vicksburg is making things a bit more challenging, schedule wise.  Sometimes you'll get lucky and see three or so in a short time, and then see nothing for the next 8 hours.  Best of luck.

VR Out

Date: 03/18/23 10:31
Re: Vicksburg/Jackson MS questions
Author: srman

I'd guess that I was twenty miles into Louisiana from Mississippi in June of last year looking for an eastbound KCS move that morning when I stumbled into this guy. I wanted the Vicksburg bridge shot so a quick u turn and I was off to the Mississippi welcome center. After a few minute wait I had success. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0321 seconds