Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > "Trainwatching"

Date: 03/18/23 08:21
"Trainwatching"
Author: cinder

"Grampy, I don't just like trains; I LOVE trains."   June 25, 2009

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/23 08:49 by cinder.

Date: 03/18/23 08:41
Re: "Trainwatching"
Author: scoobydoobydoo

Sure looks warm up on Mance and green grass too,snowy and 28 here in Akron,Ohio

Date: 03/18/23 08:50
Author: cinder

June 25, 2009 Scoob.

Date: 03/18/23 09:56
Author: Cumberland

The human-element in images adds so much.

Great photos.

Matthew

Date: 03/18/23 11:28
Author: bmarti7

Great image! It reminds me of when my brother and I would visit relatives in St. Louis County and we'd run to the Frisco tracks, one block away, when we heard a train coming.

PCBill

Date: 03/18/23 12:18
Author: NiagaraMike

Enjoyable post !

Date: 03/18/23 13:17
Author: ClubCar

My two daughters grew up riding trains and they both loved them.  As grown ups, they still like trains, but not the same as when they went with Mom and Dad to see and ride them.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/23 13:19 by ClubCar.

Date: 03/18/23 18:41
Author: wa4umr

I guess I would have to blame my grandparents for my interest in trains.  I lived a half block from my dad's dad.  I would go to his place and we would go to a siding about 2 blocks away and watch the L&N freight trains. That was a time when a 4 or 5-year-old could walk down the street safely.   I remember watching steam locomotives pulling freights through there.  

On my mother's side, my grandparents lived about 2-1/2 blocks away.  I would often spend Friday nights at their place.  The L&N had a passenger bypass a half block from their place and I used to ride my tricycle to the tracks to watch the trains.  They took me on my first train ride, a trip to visit an aunt about 50 miles away.  

Those are some of my favorite childhood memories.

John

Date: 03/19/23 11:12
Author: ns1000

Excellent......

Date: 03/19/23 12:53
Author: 8notch

I too would have to thank my grandfather. He own a furniture store in Miami back in the mid 60's to 70's. It was 1 block from seaboard main line. I would watch trains like The silver Metor and Silver Star and the Floridian when they would go by to and from the downtown station. My grandfather had a customer who was a conductor for Seaboard and he would take the passenger trains from the downtown station to the yard to be cleaned and get ready for their next run. He said I could ride one of these back to the yard. I was hooked from that day on.
Robert in Island City Oregon 

Date: 03/20/23 13:51
Author: jmbreitigan

Priceless photos cinder.
John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0433 seconds