Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Excursion operation using MOW cars

Date: 05/31/23 19:16
Excursion operation using MOW cars
Author: zephyrus

I saw a video a couple years ago that showed an excursion operation that was running on a embargoed line using a train made up of MOW equipment and motorcars.

I can't remember the location or find the video again.  Anyone know which operation this is / was?

Thank you!

Z

Date: 06/01/23 06:20
Re: Excursion operation using MOW cars
Author: cjvrr

Probably NARCOA.org

Date: 06/01/23 15:02
Author: zephyrus

cjvrr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Probably NARCOA.org

No, it was a regular thing run by a group I presume is a local non-profit.  Was not a NARCOA or other motorcar group run.  The video made a big deal of how the group was reviving the dead branchline.

Z

Date: 06/02/23 04:05
Author: scraphauler

Probably Red Springs & Northern - former SCL branch from Parkton NC and connection to the A Line, to Red Springs NC.  SCL sold to local economic development agency in 1984, who contracted with Laurinburg and Southern to operated.  Fire destroyed a bridge in the early 90s and while ultimately repaired, that killed freight operations.  A 501c3 Non Profit was formed in the early 2000s to buy they line.  A couple washout cause by hurricanes in the 2010s have line isolated from CSX, but the RS&N still keeps weeds sprayed, does minor maintenance work, and runs private and public motor car events from time to time.  

Date: 06/02/23 06:27
Author: ChrisA.

RS&N Update, The washouts caused by past storms have been repaired and the line has been open upto the CSX interchange in Parkton,NC

Date: 10/06/23 20:33
Author: P

ChrisA. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RS&N Update, The washouts caused by past storms
> have been repaired and the line has been open upto
> the CSX interchange in Parkton,NC

Has that allowed for the return of any freight service on the line?

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0411 seconds