Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Switcher Sunday - LRE

Date: 06/04/23 11:24
Switcher Sunday - LRE
Author: refarkas

Orrville Railroad Heritage Society's Plymouth 8 ton model DLB2 was built in the 1930's and is called LRE (Little Red Engine). As far as I know, "B" stood for Buda gas engine, and "2" stood for low profile quarry cab. Over the years she has had several owners including Lake Erie Rail Car in New London, Ohio.
1.) It is 1995 in New London, Ohio where she is on the property of the long-gone Lake Erie Rail Car. 
2.) Here she is on June 3, 2023 at the Orrville Railroad Heritage Society's yard in Orrville, Ohio. She is wearing "In Memory of Robert 'Bob' Bixler" on her side. He was a founding member of the ORHS.
Bob
P.S. Most of my information came from the ORHS's very informative web page for equipment. As far as I know, I was not on the ORHS property but on the long-abandoned right of way south of the yard.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/23 15:54 by refarkas.

Date: 06/04/23 16:55
Re: Switcher Sunday - LRE
Author: MEKoch

It is rebuilt with a nice Detroit diesel.  Operates very regularly.  Acts as a backup to GP-7R #471.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0335 seconds