Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Military Move on NEC

Date: 06/06/23 17:17
NS Military Move on NEC
Author: bigmc83

With the help of the NS Port Road FB group, I was able to catch a special NS move today as it headed north on the Northeast Corridor.  NS train 056 featured military equipment and foreign power for a unique movement that doesn't typically see the corridor (foreign non-NS power especially).  I caught it after it came off the Port Road and was heading toward Delaware.  Some said this was destined for unloading at Chrysler yard in Newark, DE, but I wasn't able to confirm that.  I caught it at Elkton, MD while waiting by the former PRR station, which currently appears to be an Amtrak office of somesort.  There were two Amtrak employees working while I was waiting, and both were very friendly and helpful when I asked if I could take pictures.  I was able to get some pics of the station and Amtrak action as well.  

Photos 1-3:  a few shots of the station...seen better days.  The new "security" fencing that is being installed in very random places along the corridor
Videos 1/2:  some Amtrak action
Video 3:  The main event!

Sean McCaffery
West Grove, PA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/23 17:29 by bigmc83.

Date: 06/06/23 17:28
Re: NS Military Move on NEC
Author: bigmc83

The trains

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/06/23 18:05
Author: Tominde

Great video.  That is a very long military train.  It di not stop at Chrysler Newark, DE but went to Edgemoore.  It could come back to Chrysler for off loading.  I don't recognize that equipment as from a Delaware unit, but it's possible that it could be part of a reorganization.  Could also be equipment for Ukraine.  

Rare to see CSX on this piece of NEC.

Date: 06/06/23 19:24
Author: timz

Seemed like a huge train, but I only count 80 cars.

Date: 06/07/23 02:41
Author: JPB

The military move ran down the NS Southern Tier (ironically led by CSX 724) from Buffalo (a FaceBook poster said the train originated at Ft Drum near Watertown NY) through Binghamton on 6/5/23 where it paused before running down the NS Sunbury line to the NS Buffalo line to Harrisburg to the Port Road to Perryville. I have no idea where NS added its own leader.

Date: 06/07/23 09:36
Author: timz

It ran from Watertown to Elkton via Buffalo
and Harrisburg? Why?

Date: 06/07/23 14:47
Author: MEKoch

That black fencing with sharp points is like much NEC fencing in very urban portions of the NEC.  Nevertheless, the idiots put a small car jack in between the vertical posts and then spread them wider.  

Date: 06/07/23 15:20
Author: dxm332

Part of the 10th mountain division out of ft drum in Watertown ny is currently doing a roto with nato in Europe. Another part of the div is doing a roto later in the year to the middle east. It's likely this equipment move relates to one of these roto's

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/23 15:25 by dxm332.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0329 seconds