Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > To anyone within radio range of the Bessemer/Dispatcher

Date: 05/25/04 07:40
To anyone within radio range of the Bessemer/Dispatcher
Author: Cameraman

On Monday (yesterday) the CN was set to move the Bessemer and Lake Erie dispatchers from Duquesne, Pa to a CN office in Troy, Michigan. I am curious if the change took place?

The BLE dispatcher was already calling himself "Canadian National TMD Duquesne" before Monday, so listening in on the radio and hearing the words CN are not the giveaway I am looking for. Can anyone tell from what location the DS is talking from?

Another give away was they were to switch to Track Warrent Control on the Conneaut Branch?

Date: 05/25/04 07:48
Re: To anyone within radio range of the Bessemer/Dispat
Author: CNWJAG

Cameraman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On Monday (yesterday) the CN was set to move the
> Bessemer and Lake Erie dispatchers from Duquesne,
> Pa to a CN office in Troy, Michigan. I am curious
> if the change took place?
>
> The BLE dispatcher was already calling himself
> "Canadian National TMD Duquesne" before Monday, so
> listening in on the radio and hearing the words CN
> are not the giveaway I am looking for. Can anyone
> tell from what location the DS is talking from?
>
> Another give away was they were to switch to Track
> Warrent Control on the Conneaut Branch?

When they switch over the DS will probably say "Canadian National TMD Troy" when he or she answers the radio. Most DS's will use the location of their office when identifying themselves.

--jag

Date: 05/25/04 07:56
Author: Cameraman

I live outside radio range so I am hoping someone on line can tell me just what you mentioned????

Date: 05/25/04 09:07
Author: JUTower

I'll keep an ear out...
I haven't heard any such changes yet. The same radio system is in place (not surprising), with the characteristing "beep beep beep".
-Alex

Date: 05/25/04 09:51
Author: csxt4617

When they move to Troy, they may also use a TD<number>. That's how all the Grand
Trunk dispatchers are identified that are at Troy. I think they use TD1-TD5 for all
the Grand Trunk lines.

Date: 05/25/04 11:33
Author: wayne6211

CN's TD3 will be taking over control of the B&LE. TD3 alread controls the Flint subdivision.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0301 seconds