Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Rail Activity on Maryland's Eastern Shore

Date: 08/18/04 09:02
Rail Activity on Maryland's Eastern Shore
Author: spotto720

I will soon be moving to Salisbury, MD due to a job change. What sort of rail activity, if any, can I expect in the area.

Thanks,
Scott Seders

Date: 08/18/04 10:04
Re: Rail Activity on Maryland's Eastern Shore
Author: dcorreia

NS has two locals that run from Delmar. One local works Purdue on the east side of town, the other runs to Pocomoke City to work feed mills and gets cars from the Eastern Shore Railroad.

Date: 08/18/04 14:44
Delmarva Railfan Guide
Author: Anonymous User

This is an excellent site:

http://www.trainweb.org/peninsularailfan/

There is not much in terms of volume, of course. It is "remote" area. But enjoyable in terms of quality of life.

Date: 08/18/04 15:41
Re: Delmarva Railfan Guide
Author: ChessieSystem

Ocean City area here..
Yes, the peninsula is a little slow, but hey .. at least we get to see some HUGE locals. Check out the site refrenced above for the details.

C27A

Date: 08/18/04 19:02
Re: Delmarva Railfan Guide
Author: sharris

You'll pretty much see action in town Monday-Friday. The H92 local to Pocomoke will go south around 11:00 and come back around 15:00 to 16:00. In between that time, sister local H93 will make an apperance to come work the Perdue mill in town and head back to Delmar. This local does sport an ex-Pennsy cabin car. Power tends to be ex-Conrail stuff such as GP38-2s and SD40-2s.

Just a couple miles up the road is Delmar Yard where the H92/H93 are based out of, with power kept on the main in downtown Delmar a few feet north of the state line. Road power will often come in here on grain trains and work back to Harrington on local H61 at night. Best thing I can tell you for most info is to check out the site, especially for pages of pics of the Delmar/Salisbury area. And yes, we have some absolutely HUGE locals!

SH, sitting at MP 105.3 on the Delmarva in Salisbury

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0345 seconds