Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Buckingham Branch GP40's

Date: 12/03/04 12:23
Buckingham Branch GP40's
Author: PowellWye

Ohio Central delivered the two Buckingham Branch GP40's to CSX yesterday afternoon. They are numbered 5 & 6 and are the former OC 3216 and 3217 (not sure which is which). Currently the units are sitting at Parsons Yard in Columbus. Look for them to move to Russell on Q635 or Q310.

Date: 12/03/04 13:46
Re: Buckingham Branch GP40's
Author: CSX7054

Can someone track these units... would like to catch them coming into Clifton if they come this way.

Steven

Date: 12/03/04 14:32
Author: toledopatch

Awww, rats. The Ohio Central loses two more of its painted units. Why can't they ever get rid of that bandit trash?

Date: 12/03/04 19:13
Author: Bumping_Post

Are the units equiped with Dynamic Brakes?

Date: 12/03/04 19:25
Author: PowellWye

At least one of them does. Search the Railpictures site for GP40 and Ohio for a picture.

Date: 12/03/04 19:48
Author: mully

I would like to know when they are enroute to Clifton forge also.
thanks
Gary

Date: 12/05/04 07:25
Dec. 20th
Author: DieselDog

Dec. 20th is quickly approaching......hope they have lots of $$$ & help as the North Mtn Sub. track really needs both.

Date: 12/05/04 09:12
Re: Dec. 20th
Author: CSX7054

Im sure NMS needs a lot of work but CSX has been replacing some ties here and there in really bad spots. This line has a lot of potential for them to bring in some business. WESTVACO wants to build a 600,000 sqft Warehouse on 42 which is just out of Clifton Forge going east on the NMS and build a spur track through the building from what I understand and haul paper out of this building also. which would make 3 buildings in which they haul paper out of.

JUST as any place there are people against it that live on the other side of the track, one guy that opposes it and he hauls paper for WESTVACO. Guess hes afraid of getting shut out of hauling by truck. Owner Operator.

Just a lil bit of my $.02

Date: 12/05/04 20:34
Re: Dec. 20th
Author: Gateway97

I am responding to toledopatch and his mention of the OC bandit trash. I have been seeing the OC CBT-17 coming into Columbus lately (the version that goes to Parsons yard) and it has regularly had and ex-NW (also ex WAB, I believe) black GP35 in the consist. Some wag painted a pretty decent PC worm logo aft on the long hood. It reminded me of the patched ex-PC GP40 that KATY was running in the 1980's until UP ended the party. Still had decent "Penn Central" and worms on it. Leading on the Parsons-version of CBT17,incidentally ,has been a clean OC-painted M420. YEAH! Also sometimes an f40 or SD18 in there for extra punch on the hill at Summit Station.

Jeff KC8YAH

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds