Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > WMSR is Looking for a Few Good People

Date: 04/22/05 09:23
WMSR is Looking for a Few Good People
Author: BillL

The Western Maryland Scenic Railroad is looking for full time T&E employees, namely Brakemen, Firemen and Diesel Engineers. These positions will include off season work if the candidates have the appropriate job skills.

Contact Operations Manager Doug Beverage at 800-TRAIN-50 or by email at: opmgr@wmsr.com.

Their offices are located in Cumberland, MD, with back shops in Ridgeley, WV.

Bill Larduskey

Date: 04/23/05 17:52
Re: WMSR is Looking for a Few Good People
Author: JohnZuna

If they would pay comparable to CSX, then I might go.

-John Zuna

Date: 04/24/05 11:12
Author: tucker

My problem would not be with pay but with job security and RRR.

Date: 05/02/05 10:39
Author: locoboy

I had just spent one year with the WMSR as a T&E and mechanic for them since February of last year. I was the fireman for the most part but i had a job offer with WATCO on the A&O in WVA. i had unfortunatly left the scenic but still reside in the cumberland area with hopes to return on the A&O. The Scenic was a great job to have but since the demand for tourist railroaders and steam fireman are few the pay was fair. i just couldn't make a career out of steam as some have. the sacrafices are many but the rewards are worth it. as a young man my priorities have shown me where i need to be and go in life but that may be different for someone else whose passion and love for steam tourist railroading may give them opportunities to run a steam locomotive and get paid for it. there are few people out there who know anything about this stuff and we need to keep it going. the wmsr will give some people some great opportunity to grow and learn a trait that is non existant but a part of our past. Rick (fireman)
Locoboy734@yahoo.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0337 seconds