Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Model Railroading > B&O FT leads freight past Monogahela River

Date: 02/11/06 19:21
B&O FT leads freight past Monogahela River
Author: NevinW

I borrowed my wife's camera to take this picture tonight after working on the backdrop all day. I am still trying to figure out how to upload photographs. The layout depicts the B&O though Morgantown, WV in the late 40's. The brick building on the far left of the photo depicts the WVU fieldhouse where Jerry West played. - Nevin

Date: 02/12/06 06:30
Re: B&O FT leads freight past Monogahela River
Author: alco636

Very nice.

Date: 02/12/06 07:20
Author: Winks

Never thought I would see Jerry West's name mentioned on Trainorders.

Nice looking layout, any more shots?

Date: 02/12/06 14:42
Author: dnuck

That is a very well done scene! Important question: You have blended the up close "stuff" with the distant background very well, now can you tell us if the closest builldings are painted on or plastic/wood? It appears that the road/street up from the river ends at the wall/background. Is this correct? I was actually on Morgantown once back in 1970.

dnuck

Date: 02/12/06 19:25
Author: NevinW

There is about 6 inches between the bridge and the backdrop. Fortunately the bridge hides the seam between the road and the painted road pretty well. That road leads right down to the river as a place to float a boat now. Old photos always show at least one boat tied up at that spot including a few paddle wheelers. Behind the Loving warehouse building, which still stands, is the famous Brew Pub. One can get drunk and literally roll down the road and into the river. This also happens regularly. Attached is a vier from the other angle showing how close the backdrop is to the bridge. I plan on adding a couple more trees at the edge of the backdrop to disguise the joint even more. - Nevin

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0327 seconds