Home Open Account Help 343 users online

Model Railroading > Walthers 90' HO Turntable kit

Date: 04/28/06 20:04
Walthers 90' HO Turntable kit
Author: johns

My LHS has one of these in stock. Has anyone purchased it? I couldn't tell from the box if it had wipers or whatever for track power. Seems there is a motorizing kit but no indexing. The shop owner tried to say it was the same table as the $300 built-up without all the goodies. Comparing photos it does not appear to be the same table. If it is anything like the old Heljan table then I'm not interested, even for $39.95.

Date: 04/28/06 20:45
Re: Walthers 90' HO Turntable kit
Author: ATSF429

If it is the original kit from a few years ago and at $39.00 or so, I had one and it was too much trouble to keep running. Not very good. If you have patience maybe, I did not. The drive mechanism sucked big time.

Date: 04/29/06 05:27
Author: Lighter

> shop owner tried to say it was the same table as
> the $300 built-up without all the goodies.
> table. If it is anything like the old Heljan

It's not the same as the new built-up table. Your guess is right - it's the old Heljan table which is a turkey at any price.

Date: 04/29/06 19:06
Author: Finderskeepers

No, its not the Heljan Turntable, its actually worse! The pits were notorious for being warped which of course caused major headaches when adding any kind of drive mechanisms. Avoid them.

Lighter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > shop owner tried to say it was the same table
> as
> > the $300 built-up without all the goodies.
> > table. If it is anything like the old Heljan
>
>
> It's not the same as the new built-up table. Your
> guess is right - it's the old Heljan table which
> is a turkey at any price.

Date: 04/30/06 17:34
Author: santafedan

Finderskeepers, are you saying the NEW table is worse than the old one? The old one is not good in operation. I have had trouble with the lack of smooth operation. It looks good though...when not turning!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0757 seconds