Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Model Railroading > Athearn Genesis F's with Sound

Date: 09/06/06 18:23
Athearn Genesis F's with Sound
Author: Charles

More questions....errrr. <grin>

I work at a LHS here in the San Diego area. A little while ago a customer was checking out one of the Athearn F7's with sound and told me he would come back in tomorrow and purchase it if I could get the sound turned down.

I see in the directions that you can set each of the sounds individually, but there doesn't seem to be a master volume setting in either analog or DCC (and I will need to adjust the volume in both modes).

Does anyone know how to set the master volume or am I going to have to go through all 6 analog sounds and all 20 or so CV to quiet the thing down?

Charles

Date: 09/06/06 18:27
Re: Athearn Genesis F's with Sound
Author: ESPEE5318

Remove the shell there is a adjustment screw on the board give it a turn....

Date: 09/06/06 18:41

Removed the shell. I don't see an adjustment screw.

Update: I have played with program mode in analog and while I seem to be able to turn most of the sounds down, I can't seem to get the main engine sound to adjust.

Why do thay have to make things so difficult?

Date: 09/06/06 18:43
Author: ESPEE5318

Maybe the newer ones don't have the screw I know the early ones did.......

Date: 09/06/06 21:41
Author: RioGrandeFan

There is a small silver phillips type screw directly on the board. It is usually near a black "blob" on the board near the center and slightly to the rear. This is the only master volume. The instructions should have a picture of what the screw looks like and directions for finding it.

As for the volume control electronically, you should be able to set the volumes either in DC or DCC and they should be the same on both. You shouldn't have to set both. Of course these are MRC decoders and they don't conform to much of anything so you never know....

Rio Grande Fan
Denver, CO

Date: 09/07/06 18:59

RioGrandeFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is a small silver phillips type screw
> directly on the board. It is usually near a black
> "blob" on the board near the center and slightly
> to the rear. This is the only master volume. The
> instructions should have a picture of what the
> screw looks like and directions for finding it.

I see that now. The unit that I had didn't have anything about it in the instructions. I did look at another, more recent arrival here at the shop, and lo and behold, it tells how to adjust the volume.

Thanks again,
Charles

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0581 seconds