Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Model Railroading > Air Compressor

Date: 03/09/07 08:31
Air Compressor
Author: Casselton

Can anyone comment on the quality of Badger air compressors. I am looking at a Badger Million-Air silent air compressor at a reasonable discount over retail. I want something that is quiet.

If you know of another brand that makes a quiet air compressor, please comment.

Thanks,

Mark

Date: 03/09/07 10:02
Re: Air Compressor
Author: jackpot

For the price that Badger and the other airbrush manufacturers charge, why not get a much larger, just as quiet multi-purpose compressor from Craftsman or Campbell-Hausfield (sp?)? I really like my Craftsman compressor; I never run out of air with it.

I have this one:
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Compressors+%26+Air+Tools&pid=00915239000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Air+Compressors+%26+Inflators&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

and it is on sale right now for $90.00. Add a moisture-trap, and you're in bidness.

Date: 03/09/07 11:24

That's the kind of information I was looking for. Before we moved over-seas, I had a large compressor, but the noise drove me crazy when I airbrushed. Now that we are back, I need a new one. I'll take a look at it.

Thanks,

Mark

Date: 03/09/07 12:09
Author: vasouthern

For a few dollars I got a adaptor from Lowes and use my shop compressor for the airbrush.

My compressor sits in the garage and I have a 50 ft hose that I run down the porch and into the basement door when needed, or paint outside ( mostly ) so the noise isnt a issue.

Besides, if you get a larger compressor, you can tell the wife its for the car, etc.....

Now all I need is a better airbrush that will spray acrylics better, my elcheapo clogs too fast!

Randy

Date: 03/09/07 12:21
Author: fjc

I have a dual purpose compressor that I use with my nail guns, I'm going to have an air line run up to my work area so I can just tap into the air and leave the compressor two stories down making noise :)

Date: 03/09/07 19:56
Author: CNW

When our present home was under construction, I ran a 1/2" plastic tube from the garage down to my basement workshop. The compressor is located in the garage and my spray booth is downstairs in my workshop. The compressor is also used to inflate auto and bicycle tires.

Dennis

Date: 03/10/07 00:56
Author: railroad007

I recommend DeWALT D55168 There had 200 max PSI Tank Pressure. 5.4SCFM @ 90PSI 1/8 HP 40% longer air run-time.

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_detail.asp?productID=15014

your decision :-)

Date: 03/13/07 07:15

Thanks for all the comments.

Mark

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0461 seconds