Home Open Account Help 351 users online

Model Railroading > Hey Argyle Eagle!

Date: 10/24/07 12:12
Hey Argyle Eagle!
Author: jackpot

Do you have a scene on your layout where you have high school girls in strapkess gowns engaged in Freak Dancing?

Jus' wonderin. . .

Date: 10/24/07 13:01
Re: Hey Argyle Eagle!
Author: WrongWayMurphy

My daughter, age 17, was all mixed up in that.
Mrs Argyle had to sew on straps to her strapless dress.
She swears she and her beau didn't dance freaky. In fact,
she says, its all blown out of (1:87) proportion. I have
it on authority from a chaperone that she and her beau
were on their best behavior.

You are so lucky to have boys only.....

If the rest are curious, Google "Argyle Homecoming"

Date: 10/24/07 16:42
Author: nanshant

Being fresh out of high school myself, I have to agree with the students who said they don't know how to dance any other way. The administrations response: “We are willing to bring in dance instructors,” was extremely funny. Just imagine, Intro to Dancing, a requirement for graduation, and Advanced Dance Methods, an elective.

Date: 10/25/07 06:02
Author: DRLOCO

YOu laugh, but when I went to High School, Square Dancing was taught in Gym Class, a requirement to graduate...In Indiana...in 1995!!!
Not that I can remember how to DO-Si-DO, but I did it once...Swing Like Thunder seemed to be fun too...
Hey--it's Indiana, what did you expect? Fred Astaire?

Date: 10/25/07 08:59
Author: NGotwalt

Yeah I went through the Square Dancing thing myself...all I remember is wanting to kill myself to make it stop. That was in eighth grade, ten years ago...which is horrifying in its own right. Mind you this was in Pennsylvania in a transition area with some suburban and some rural areas.
Cheers,
Nick

Date: 10/25/07 09:09
Author: Skonk

Yah but back in the early 60's eight of Indiana's High schools were in the top 10 high school in the U.S. with the exception of Bellevue High (#2) and Highline High (#8) in Seattle Washington. I was require to take Square Dancing in gradeschool, and I don't remember a single step of it.

Date: 10/25/07 09:59
Author: WrongWayMurphy

We had square dancing once a week also in my Dallas
elementary school. I used to try everything to get
paired up with Kathy Hankins. There was no bigger thrill
than putting my hand on her waist and doing "the promenade"
with Kathy Hankins .....

Date: 10/25/07 18:19
Author: nanshant

ArgyleEagle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We had square dancing once a week also in my
> Dallas
> elementary school. I used to try everything to
> get
> paired up with Kathy Hankins. There was no bigger
> thrill
> than putting my hand on her waist and doing "the
> promenade"
> with Kathy Hankins .....

I love it. The Elementary Confessions of a Railfan. Thanks for the laugh Eagle.

Date: 10/26/07 23:10
Author: stivmac

Hey, out here in Kalifornie, we had to learn Square Dancing AND had to attend Cotillion to learn Ball Room Dancing in the early 60's! Who knew we would be so trendy now! Heck I remember the instructor dude and his wife teaching us the Fox Trot, the Waltz and yes, the Cha Cha! oooo, baby! THEN, gloriosky, that new dance rage, THE TWIST!!!! "It's like crushing out a cigarette under each foot!" SERIOUSLY, THAT'S how he told us! I went home and was proud to demonstrate the NEW DANCE CRAZE and used his method. Nobody sued him or called the cops for even MENTIONING smokes! Having gotten THREE daughters through high school with no major malfunctions, I can sympathize with the Argyles! It ain't easy! I guess having daughters was how God paid us back for being teen age boys ourselves!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0368 seconds