Home Open Account Help 234 users online

Model Railroading > Press Release: Update on the WP in Z Scale Layout

Date: 10/24/07 14:10
Press Release: Update on the WP in Z Scale Layout
Author: cct24

We fell far short of the needed funds to purchase the layout from the current owner. However, a member of the FRRS/WPRM has stepped forward and made it possible for the museum to obtain this layout.

I am proud to announce that as of Yesterday, October 23, 2007. The Feather River Rail Society, operators of the Western Pacific Railroad Museum purchased and picked up the layout from the current owner. The layout is currently enroute to the WPRM in Portola CA.

This layout as most of you know was featured by Model Railroader magazine in 1986 as part of their project layout features. The WPRM's plans for this layout calls for on the road displays during our upcoming multi anniversary celebration in 2009 (100 years of the creation of the Western Pacific, 60th Birthday of the California Zephyr and the 25th anniversary of the formation of the Western Pacific Railroad Museum).

Fundraising continues as we still need to cover the remaining costs of the purchase as well as populating the layout with rolling stock and locomotives. You may contact me at the E-mail address provided in my signature for more details.

Additionally, we'd like to thank those that have already stepped forward with both financial donations and one rolling stock donation.

Thank You
David Epling
Model Railroad Committee Chairman
WPRM Operating Department
FRRS/WPRM Webmaster
http://www.wplives.org
david_epling@wplives.org

Date: 10/24/07 14:44
Re: Press Release: Update on the WP in Z Scale Layout
Author: kodachrome9319

Congrats Dave, glad you guys could make that happen.

Date: 10/24/07 15:53
Author: zchcsse

Wasn't this layout in the Wisconsin Dells area for a long time?

Tom

Date: 10/24/07 16:18
Author: cct24

Steve, thanks...Tom yes

Date: 10/24/07 16:53
Author: mirage

Man, that's more than 20 years ago and I remember the article like it was yesterday. I'm smart or I'm old. Wish it was smart.

--Mark J

Date: 10/24/07 19:43
Author: tjohnson00

Congratulations. I remember that article in MR. I look forward to seeing that Layout when it's on tour. I'm not a full blown WP fan, but I do remember seeing WP trains run not to far from my house in East Oakland. There is a small place in my heart for WP.

Terry
Espee4ever@comast.net

Date: 10/26/07 14:44
Author: kodachrome9319

mirage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Man, that's more than 20 years ago and I remember
> the article like it was yesterday. I'm smart or
> I'm old. Wish it was smart.
>
> --Mark J

I think your old Mark... Maybe as old as JJ? :-)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0378 seconds