Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Model Railroading > Need info on a Turntable

Date: 10/28/07 23:17
Need info on a Turntable
Author: cct24

HO Scale, 85', Wilsons of Cleveland it says on the control box. Anyone ever heard of this?

Thanks

Date: 10/29/07 07:55
Re: Need info on a Turntable
Author: tomstp

Yes, I have heard of them and in fact I also have one of them. They were made back in the 1960's.

Date: 10/29/07 09:47
Author: cct24

Thanks, you wouldn't happen to have wiring diagram on it or can tell me which wire goes where?

Date: 10/29/07 17:46
Author: tomstp

There will be two wires that are attached to the track on the turntable that come down thru the pan in the middle. That goes to your track power on the table itself. The other wires are for the turntable motor. I haven't looked at mine in a long time (it's installed on my layout) but, I think there are 3 other wires. One would be a ground for the turntable motor and the other two control the direction of the turntable turning when power is applied to each of them. If there are only two you will need to run them thru a double pole double throw switch to control direction of the turntable.

Be aware this turntable can not continously run just one direction due to the wires coming from the track on the table. Sooner or later it will stall the table if you go to far one direction. This can result in stipping the gearing. so test it out where you can see what is going on underneath it.

If the two wiring examples are wrong on the wiring, email me at tomstamey@sbcglobal.net and I'll get under my layout and check out the wiring and get back to you.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0318 seconds