Home Open Account Help 268 users online

Model Railroading > atlas HO loco with QSI sound question?

Date: 02/15/08 21:19
atlas HO loco with QSI sound question?
Author: Stevelton

Im not seeing this option in any of the manuals for the locomotive... Is there a way to change the horn or bell type? I just got in the mail my Digitrax empire builder set and an Atlas B40-8 with QSI sound. Im not reading anywhere in the paper work how to change the sound types. The horn type out of the box sounds like a leslie 3 chime, and my railroad uses Nathan K5 horns. Is this not an option with QSI sound decoders?
thanks, steven

Date: 02/15/08 22:37
Re: atlas HO loco with QSI sound question?
Author: sphauler

I am pretty sure their is no horn option with the older Atlas engines. I have a SD24 with QSI and it doesn't have a different horn option. I know, it sucks!

Date: 02/15/08 22:42
Author: J_deBroux

The Sound out of the box is a three chime but close to being a leslie. Its a terriable noise, hence why I haven't bought any.

Date: 02/15/08 22:48
Author: Stevelton

Oh well, Im kinda of new to DCC and all that goes with it, this is just another one of those darn learning steps. But I do have to admit, other than the horn, everything else sounds very nice. I spent the last 2 hours running the dash 8 with sound and the 2 other locos I have with decoders back and forth on my 4 foot long module!!! And Id still be playing with them, but I do need to be up in a few hours, so its time for bed. Well, I guess the next sound thing I buy will be a soundtraxx decoder, that way I can get my K5!

Steven

Date: 02/16/08 00:27
Author: Andre

Go to the QSI (http://www.qsindustries.com/) web page and down load the complete manual, the only include enough to get you going, not enough to really get into all of the CV's. Also check if you locomotive has the upgraded chip in it, if it does not it might be worth getting the new main chip. You also might be able to download a new sound file there. If this is a diesel you may have to go to a LOC decoder, they seem to have the better diesel sound file while Soundtraxx seems to have the better steam sound files.

Date: 02/16/08 08:59
Author: SOU3921

Are the GP38/GP40s that are supposed to arrive in the spring going to be equipped with programmable sound decoders?

Thanks.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0248 seconds