Home Open Account Help 222 users online

Model Railroading > Custom Work

Date: 12/12/09 12:47
Custom Work
Author: reddogsix

Anyone have a name to get some custom work done?

Looking to get a couple vans custom built. I have one but my buddy who built it moved and has no time to build them. I can send the completed version to use as a guideline.

Built from an existing S scale model with a few changes etc.

Thanks
Andrew

Date: 12/12/09 12:52
Re: Custom Work
Author: 6ET

are you looking for a scratch build or just modifying a completed model?

Date: 12/12/09 13:01
Author: reddogsix

More so just modifying an existing model. We used a wood van and just over lapped styrene for the steel work. Added in the windows and he did scratch build the cupola.

Here is a shot of the model.

Andrew
Sn42 CN Newfoundland

Date: 12/12/09 14:38
Author: 6ET

Date: 12/12/09 15:20
Author: redneck4449

he dose alright work but i look at some of is locos and there missing parts and paints a little rough. ive never touched s scale so i wouldent know where to start on a s scale caboose

dale kathrein
cascade locomotive works

Date: 12/12/09 20:57
Author: GCRY_4960

6ET - Thanks for recommending me!

redneck4449 - Yes, some of my work has missing details. However, the ones that are missing a few parts are mine and have since has them added. Some engines I have sold and did not have time to re-shoot photos of them.

reddogsix - I have not done anything in S scale, but this caboose looks like something I could probably do. If you would like to talk more about it, feel free to e-mail me @ thundermtlocoworks@yahoo.com.

Date: 12/12/09 22:17
Author: redneck4449

i like what u do man i love the chopped nose sd9 for the port of tillamook bay i own the cab side to the old kodachrome unit

dale
cascade locomotive works

Date: 12/12/09 22:49
Author: GCRY_4960

Thanks. That SD9m is actually the first one i ever chopped. I have the number boards out of one of their engines. I have done 2 of the black and white SD9's. Just with work, have not had time to take photos of them and post them.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0315 seconds