Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Model Railroading > Any chance of a UP2010 BSA engine or decals?

Date: 04/07/10 16:53
Any chance of a UP2010 BSA engine or decals?
Author: mmrailfan

On the Western Board, I have seen the photos of UP 2010, the Boy Scout engine paint scheme. Has anyone seen or heard of any model engines or decals coming out for this locomotive?

This is the link to the discussion of the engine - http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,2160696

Date: 04/07/10 17:16
Re: Any chance of a UP2010 BSA engine or decals?
Author: NSDash9

Brian Marsh of Overland Models posted on their facebook page that they were in the process of getting the licensing approved by the Boy Scouts of America to do a brass model of the unit. He posted that it would take a minimum of two months for the approval process and that they would announce further details in the future.

Chris Toth
NSDash9.com

Date: 04/07/10 21:11
Author: AlaskaGP49

I hear that Fox Valley will be making one in N-scale. Don't know if that helps or encourages you.

Date: 04/07/10 22:05
Author: LVFoamer

N Scale gets all the cool stuff now..

Date: 04/08/10 00:02
Author: cchan006

AlaskaGP49 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hear that Fox Valley will be making one in
> N-scale. Don't know if that helps or encourages
> you.

Good for them. I like the Fox Valley GEVO's.

Date: 04/08/10 07:55
Author: brfriedm

I'm sure these will be offered by Intermountain and Athearn unless Overland gets an exclusive for HO.

Bruce

Date: 04/08/10 09:35
Author: EL-SD45-3632

brfriedm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sure these will be offered by Intermountain
> and Athearn unless Overland gets an exclusive for
> HO.
>
> Bruce

Hope that is not the case, I won't pay brass prices, not worth it!

Date: 04/09/10 05:55
Author: bmmmarsh

Bruce, please lets not make such postings about an Exclusive agreement. Overland Models has not entered into a single 'Exclusive Licensing Agreement' with any party. Other companies in the industry have done so. With the Olympic Locomotives for Salt Lake 2002 we were the only folks that moved forward with the agreement. We were not exclusive by choice, but by the choice of others to not participate. Each and every License that we have and use is a non-Exclusive license agreement. My main point is that any company is able to produce these models as long as they follow the procedures set up by the licensing companies and meet the requirements they set forth.

Brian Marsh
Overland Models, Inc.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0433 seconds