Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Model Railroading > New Athearn Stuff

Date: 08/25/10 07:45
New Athearn Stuff
Author: funnelfan

Just got the announcements this morning. Finally, MRL SD45's in Lions Head Scheme. Also SD45's in Ferromex, B&P, and ATSF Kodachrome. GP40X's in ATSF, SP, BNSF H1, NS High Hood. GP38-2's in CN Harbor Belt, Ontario Nortland, ATSF. F7 RTR's in KCS Business, CN, CNW, and Katy. 28' pup trailers in Roadway Express, New Yellow, Overnight, YRC. Ford C vans in Bekins, P-I-E, Roadway, GN and SP. Several reruns of cars. Also big Genesis announcement of F89F 89' channel side intermodal flatcars (no roadnames or price as of yet)

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 08/25/10 07:47
Re: New Athearn Stuff
Author: KV1guy

Date: 08/25/10 08:56
Author: toledopatch

The first run of the F89F cars are all cars configured for 40' trailers -- in the red Trailer Train, yellow Trailer Train, and 1991 TTX schemes. I seem to recall the price as being $39.95, too.

Edited to correct: List price is $39.98, per the Athearn Website page for these cars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/10 08:59 by toledopatch.

Date: 08/25/10 10:45
Author: funnelfan

KV1guy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This was already posted 2 days ago.
>
>
> http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,2
> 262181

Ok, they were buried in that thread, so I missed it.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 08/25/10 12:19
Author: icancmp193

My e-mail from Athearn came in at 3:46 AM Wednesday morning. I always wonder how many new releases the market can bear. When I had my 1/87th model vehicle business, this was how many product lines went from being "semi-collectable" to "commodity". Boley, Trucks 'n Stuff, and Athearn all come to mind.

Tom Y

Date: 08/25/10 13:14
Author: toledopatch

icancmp193 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My e-mail from Athearn came in at 3:46 AM
> Wednesday morning.

The e-mail always shows up about 24 hours after the new releases first show up on Athearn's Web site as "Not Yet Available Products". And with so many people's tongues dragging on the ground awaiting the new announcements, that means the e-mail is never the first word on the street about these releases....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0322 seconds